Chapter 7

*Warning: extreme amounts of girl humor, read on if you dare...
Jades P.O.V.
"Dude, best performance ever." The girls were hugging me so much I was about to burst.
"It was...nothing." I said. Honestly I was still pretty surprised that they liked it so much, I mean I just ran right?
"So...anyone see any cute older guys?" Kelly was like that, a general gossip-girl.
Eliza was the first to reply, "Well not an older guy...but you know a cute one." At these words I stopped dead.
"What's this? My baby sisters got a crush? Tell me who so I can destroy him!" I always teased her like this, being that we had no father I had to, it's the sisterly thing to do.
"Jade, for the last time, I'm older," she said with a smile.
At this we all laughed, until Kelly said, "Okay, okay, back to boys. Eliza?"
"You know that guy with the water powers, Marcus?" She said shyly.
"Yeahhhh," we all said up in her face.
"Him."
Kelly's squeal of delight was so loud you could hear it in California.
"Okay, okay, Jade?"
"Uh no, I couldn't really--" I stopped dead in my tracks, the hottest guy ever was right in front of me, with Shadow at his heels.
"Griffin! I need help. You're a sophomore!"
"So?"
"So, you've already done it."
"Look, I can't help you with homework this year remember? You're at Lrignaf now. Anyway, bucko, I know you're smart, you'll figure it out." Griffin ruffled Shadow's weirdly hatless hair, they reminded me a lot of Eliza and I.
"Dammit Griffin, why must you inconsistently follow the rules?"
"They're placed there for a reason, Shadow." He said walking off. I could have sworn I heard mechanical whirring.
I must have been staring because I suddenly heard Kelly's voice say, "Earth to Jade!" And someone snap their fingers in front of my eyes.
"Now what was that you where saying Jade?" Kelly asked with a smug look on her face.
"Shut it, Anderson." I said jokingly.
And, with our schedules in hand, that we walked to class.