Chapter 26

Griffin's P.O.V.
"What do you mean 'he's alive'?" I asked Jade as we dashed to my car.
"I mean he didn't die in the explosion!" She exclaimed with an exasperated look on her face.
When we got to the car, she skidded to a halt, "Not fast enough," she uttered in a stony tone.
"Whaddaya mean?" I asked looking down at the rusty old pickup truck, "'Ol Truck Norris here can handle anything." I said in a heartfelt tone, caressing the truck.
She shook her head, "Even with a robot mind, you still confuse me," she then looked at me, probably trying to hide a laugh that was slowly creeping it's way to the surface.
"I don't have a robotic--" I tried to tell her my brain em was human, but she cut me off.
"Whatever!" She said frantically, "Just drive the stupid car!"
I got in, buckled my seat belt, and revved the engine.
"Where exactly is he attacking?" I felt bad for constantly questioning her, "And why aren't you getting in the car?"
She rolled her eyes, "When I run, I make a sonic boom," she got down into a running position, "When you drive, your car makes a sound that resembles a dying cat." She looked annoyed, "Also, he's attacking the Smithsonian."
I nodded, "Fine then, you run I'll drive, deal?"
She gave me a thumbs up, "Deal," she smiled and sped off, with me twenty feet from her heels.