Chapter 22

Griffin's P.O.V.
Why is Amitt so pissed with Jade?
He left for a third time yesterday and didn't come back till midnight.
What's going on?
"Amitt, what's been going on with you lately?" I had asked him.
"Nothing I'm just...I'm just a bit out of it," I could tell he was lying by the way he spoke, "That's all, nothing more." He added.
"But I mean why? Jade was only followi--"
"I know! I know...it's...it's not that." He lowered his gaze.
"Than what, brother?" Shadow was suddenly there, crunching an apple.
"It's just..." He looked back up at us, "You know how I'm adopted?" He asked, taking both Shadow and I by surprise.
I always forget that Amitt was adopted, he looked so much like Shadow and I and just seemed to belong, looking at him you never would have guessed he's not a blood relative.
You see our family used to foster kids.
Meaning that we'd give them a temporary home until they were adopted, so you could say that I have about twenty brothers and sisters.
When we fostered Amitt for the first time, I was only 5, so I don't remember much.
He was different than the other kids, he seemed to belong with us, like a missing puzzle piece, he just fit right in.
So, we adopted him.
I snapped back to reality, "Yeah...so?" I asked him.
"Yeah so, I found my parents--er--parent." He said.
"WHAT?! Who?!" Shadow and I both yelled at the same time.
"Er--well, I don't now his name, but I do know where he lives." He stammered.
"Seriously? Amitt that's great!" I gave him a high five.
"Wait but...how do you now where he lives but...not his name?" Shadow asked, looking incredulous.
"Er...well I just...know." His eyes darted back and fourth.
I narrowed my eyes, but I didn't question it, sometimes it could be hard to tell what Amitt was thinking in his crazy mind.
"Well, whatever you choose to do brother, we support you." Shadow placed his hand on Amitt's shoulder.
Amitt nodded, "Thanks Shadow, Griffin?"
"What?"
"Will you support me if I choose to do?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Well..." I frowned, "I don't want to, but yes Amitt, I support you." I nodded glumly.
"Great." He smiled happily, then walked off.
Straight out the door.