___________

As soon as Jason falls asleep, I climb into my bed and surround myself with my presentation notes, chewing on my pen while I make lists, confirm times for every meeting I have, and reply to far too many emails for a Saturday night. One is from Ivy's mum, telling me she is thankful for me and that I shouldn't be so hard on myself, I've to look at how many kids I've helped, and that I can't help them all, unfortunately. It makes my eyes water, a lump forming in my throat that I struggle to swallow down. I close my laptop, staring at the wall until I can think straight.

Words don't ease a thing; they don't take the pain away... actions do. If I see something is working, then I'm okay, but when people tell me things will be fine, I did enough and so on, it does absolutely nothing. That's maybe why I've not been able to forgive Ewan, even though his actions do show that he's regretful for cheating and being a complete wanker all those years ago, it's not something I can look past right now.

I've kept my phone on charge in the kitchen all night, staying off it to spend time with Jason, and it's been bliss. But now I kind of feel like I need to face reality and answer Toby before he really does come here. I mean, is that the worst thing? I do miss him to a certain degree, even just chatting with him might cheer me up.

Tossing all my work aside, I grab my blanket and pull it over my shoulder as I walk out of my messy bedroom, checking on Jason before grabbing my phone and making my way to the living room with a cup of tea.

Gabriella is sitting on the couch, a glass of wine to hand, her long brown hair wrapped in a towel. "Hey," she says, raising her glass as I smirk at her. "Don't ask. Shit day. Need wine."

"Okay," I reply. "I think I got the wrong drink." Staring at my mug of tea, I try to make her giggle, her sunken eyes and tired expression shows how rough her day has been. "Are you in tomorrow?"

"I need to fly to London for a few days, I leave tomorrow night."

I hate when one of us has a meeting without the other. We are like a unit, a team, the duo doctors who kick ass together. "That sucks, what for?"

"Trials. There are loads starting up and I have a patient that could benefit from one. I'm just going to see if he is a match," she replies, taking massive gulps of wine until the glass is finished. "I can get details on the other ones for you."

"Thanks." I smile at her, deciding to go to the kitchen and refill her glass and pour my own. Handing Gabs hers, I sit down on the couch. "Toby is pissing me off, like a lot. Ewan saw a message he sent too, so that was fun." I tip the glass to my mouth, savouring the sweet taste.

"Ouch. Was he mad?" she asks, I frown at my glass, thinking. Was he mad? I think he was more worried than anything, his expression didn't scream anger. I shake my head at her, my brows furrowing. "And how is Toby pissing you off?"

I huff, running my finger around the rim. "I keep pushing him to the back of my mind and he just..." I lie my head back on the couch, groaning. "He pops back up."

"Aria Miller is in love," she says, singing out the last word. I growl at her, narrowing my eyes to slits. "Okay, I'm kidding. But you like him."

"I guess."

"Then you show him who the fuck Aria Miller is and tell him to stop acting like a fud," she says forcefully, throwing a cushion at me and nearly making me spill my wine. "You would never let Ewan make you feel this way."

"Fine," I groan, lifting my phone as Gabriella stands and informs me that she's going to her bed, jokingly telling me not to stay up too late.

I don't bother to skim through all of his messages he sent while I was in the air, I'd rather just ask him straight out why he acted like a total plonker for those nine hours. He knew I was flying, it's not like I can even answer his fucking messages, idiot. I furiously type, the way he makes me feel hot and bothered, mad and extremely fucking crazy, is annoying me so much.

How can someone have that effect on me after just six weeks?

Me: If you're ready to stop acting like a dick, then we can talk. And if you threaten me, sexually joking or not, I will block you and never speak to you again, got it?

_____________________

This chapter was original nearly 3k words so I had to half it! Idk if I should post part two later, wait a day or two. I'll see how reads and votes go.

What do you think Toby will say?

Thank you for still reading, I know these parts are a bit boring but I can't give you all drama every second, unfortunately.