After my shower, I wrapped myself in my black linen robe and used the towel to dry my hair, took my supplements and birth control and a paracetamol to steady the pumping ache on my head.

And I still had to pick up Coco from next door and feed the mutt.

Right. He must be hungry and ready for his dinner.

I walked into the kitchen, almost forgetting that I had company.

Ignoring, Angelo sitting on the kitchen chair, a couple of papers spread out in front of him while he talks on his phone in rapid Italian, I pick up Coco's water bowl and fill it and add food to his food bowl and leave it to their place.

"Where are you going?" Angelo asks holding the mouthpiece of his phone. "Tadpole! Ari-"

I slam the door rolling my eyes.

What am asshole.

Padding toward the door opposite to mine I knock twice.

The door opens revealing the house owner. "Hello Mister Lombardy." I smiled.

"Ariel." He smiled. "Let me get Coco, he's been cuddling with Jess, since he fell asleep."

"Sure, thank you, Mister Lombardy." I said.

A second later I heard Coco's yapping voice as he ran before my neighbor and cuddled my leg with his head.

"I am sorry, I was late today and wasn't home last night." I apologize picking up my yapping corgi in my arms. "Goodnight, Mister Lombardy."

"Good night, Ariel." The man said with a small smile lingering on his lips as he stepped indie the cocoon of his house. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Sure." I said walking back to my apartment but Angelo was leading against the open door frame.

"I am not sure I appreciate his tone and eyes toward you." He pointed out. "His eyes were going places they shouldn't be."

I sighed placing Coco on the doorway. He seemed uncomfortable to see a new person in his home.

I rubbed him behind the ears to assure it was okay and he ran off to his dinner.

"I need you to stop seeing that man or whatever." Angelo added.

"I am not seeing him." Why the fuck am I defending myself.

What I do or do not do is none of his business.

"His son takes care of my dog." I say pushing past him.

"I ordered dinner from the hotel." He said taking his seat back on the chair. "Hope you're alright with some French."

I roll my eyes. Of course. French.

"Angelo-" I turn to face him. "Stop acting like nothing happened. A lot has happened and you ordering French from the Village inn won't help mending anything."

He sighs, dropping the pen into the stack of papers. "I am not trying to mend anything. I am trying to start new. You pushing every goddamn thing back."

"Don't you blame this on me!" I say. "Don't you fucking blame this on me!"

"I am not blaming you, tadpole." He says grabbing a hold of my arm, pulling me close to him. "I-"

"You what?" I hiss. "What do you want? Me to offer you on a golden plate so we can go back to whatever we were doing- fucking? Is that why you're doing this? Making me food, taking care of me, pretending?"

He looks at me. Really looks at me.

Then sighs releasing my hand and going back to work.

Right. I think mentally.