Chapter Eleven

Ink wandered the city streets, eyes glancing from building to building. He had to admit the scenery was jaw-dropping. At times Blue would vanish into a store, causing Dream to fetch him. Ink overtime had become irritable at the lack of motivation in the two. He had a goal in mind and they had decided messing around was more relevant.

"Would you stop being so serious Ink?" They had made it toward the center of the city before Ink stopped, his gaze shifting to Dream.

"No, I won't! You both came to help me find Classic, not goof off!" Dream raised an eyebrow before scoffing.

"Right... Sorry we decided to enjoy ourselves for once. You know, I almost forgot how pointless arguments are with you! An emotionless ass who cares for no one, not even Classic. You locked him away like a prisoner, yet every other Au is fine to strut around? Don't you think it is quite unfair to him?" Ink's eyes lost their normal color, the iris changing to a cold grey.

"Watch it Dream! I did what had to be done, nothing more." 

"Sure... As you say Mr. Protector!" Dream's sarcasm had grown more over the time, leading to Blue interfering in discussions. He didn't want the fighting, but he also couldn't deny Dream's point.

"How about you Blue? Do you also think I'm wrong?" Blue's eyes widened as Dream scowled. He pointed a finger before stepping blocking Blue from Ink in a defensive manner.

"You leave him out of this! This is between you and me. I'm sick of the shit you spew, claiming it's for balance. Have you ever tried to understand the word balance. Good and Evil. Both are a piece. You seek only the good and cast out the bad. Error for example. He is meant to destroy, just as you are to protect the Au's. His task was given to him, not a choice. You are so blinded by your own greed and goals that you will never see the bigger picture." Blue felt something tick in Ink, but he reacted to slowly. Without warning Dream was sent into the wall of the closest building, Ink's grip tightening on his brush. His eyes showed no remorse as he took a step forward. Dust had rose in the air as Blue tried to protest the fight. It was no surprise his words fell on deaf ears. He was shoved away as Ink carried on, ignoring the growing crowd.

"Ink! Please Stop This!" Blue struggled to climb to his feet, teeth biting into his lip. He hated this, All of it. The fighting. Ink's goals. Dream's attitude. He wanted it all to return to before. Before the Au's roamed freely. To before Ink was lost to himself.

"Stay Out Of This Blue!" Ink's tone was venomous, only earning him a low growl from Dream. Blue felt himself freeze up as Dream charged Ink, his fist balled. Knuckle met flesh as Ink was sent to the ground. Both glared as Ink changed himself to his skeleton form, gasps rising in the crowd. Eyes watched in horror as hands shoved through the crowd, unaware to the two fighting. Blue was the only one to catch sight of a familiar appearance. A long tentacle shot passed, wrapping around Dream before dragging him from Ink. The protector scowled before meeting Nightmare's gaze. "YOU!"

"Ink, wait..." Nightmare had no time to react, ink crossing the distance before connecting his paint brush with Nightmare. The impact sent him backwards, his tentacle releasing Dream as his back broke through the brick. Dream felt his breath hitch as he looked to his brother, worry crossing his features. Ink noticed before frowning.

"Dream and Blue, this is the last chance. Do your job and secure them!" Neither moved as Ink gave a disappointed expression.

"They don't have to follow you Ink! You're out of control..." The words snapped Ink's gaze, bloodlust coating the air. For a moment Ink would have seemed insane to the human eye.

"Me? Out of control? Dust, you were the real one out of control! You killed everyone in your Au, all for what? To beat the human?" Blue rose from the ground, his voice breaking the stare.

"DO NOT GO THERE INK!" A smirk pressed to Ink as he leaned on his hip. His laughter rang out as he shook his head.

"So now I'm the bad guy? They are killers who ruin everything I work hard to protect! I am doing this to guarantee the best outcome!" 

"But this is not the right way to do it Ink! You've never stepped so far into the darkness, not until you realized Classic's worth. Everything comes down to him in your mind!" The crowd was filled with whispers as sirens rang out in the distance. Nightmare was slowly getting up, his group gathering to aid him. "You're better than this Ink!"

"I may be better in your mind Blue, but you don't know me. Everything I did was for everyone's protection!" The ruckus had drawn more attention as camera's flashed.

"Locking Classic away for his entire life was not protecting him. It was making him suffer..." Blue lowered his gaze as Ink clenched his hands.

"I... He was safe in his world! I was right in my choice, I know it! There was never a moment he told me he was unhappy with..." Ink's voice fell short when his gaze fell on the crowd. White hair swayed as the wind picked up. Sad eyes met Ink's as Classic allowed himself change to his original form. The crowd backed away from him, all beside the two familiar onlookers. Midoriya and Tsuyu watched, silence circulating the area as Classic spoke slowly.

"I never said anything because it would make no difference. You never cared. About my feelings. About my Au. None of it. If you did, maybe you would have seen the endless genocide I suffered through. You locked me in an endless loop, never truly understanding the pain I wore when you made a visit. You locked me away from the only ones who granted me joy. The only ones who saw my suffering and acted to change it, to make is easier on me. As a protector, you've failed. You were supposed to protect all of the Au's." Nightmare listened, his expression grim as he leaned against Error. Blue and Dream lowered their heads as Classic sighed. "Even so, I believe you can change. You feared me loving Nightmare's group solely because of the balance, but never tried to think of the other outcomes. I've always remained neutral, so why assume I would take sides. The fights amongst you guys is not my business. My Au is my business. My brother is my business. Who I love is my own choice and decision."

"I... I'm sorry Classic..." Classic smiled weakly as he stepped forward, his arms gently wrapping around Ink. 

"I forgive you Ink. Lets head home and please trust me. No more caging me in." Ink nodded as Classic stepped back, his sockets falling onto Midoriya and Tsuyu. They smiled before stepping forward, Classic returning their smile. He felt joy swim through him as he took a step forward, only to freeze up as his body refused to move. Pain ricocheted through him as he quickly grabbed his head, a sudden static sound rippling through his mind. His scream rang out as his knees buckled and he fell to the ground. The scene before them all was horrifying as Classic's image glitched in and out. Different appearances raced into view before returning to his original in between each. Ink widened his sockets before his voice broke mid sentence.

"What's happening?" Error was the only one to speak, panic and fear enveloping his tone.

"It's trying to delete his code..." Ink shook his head as Nightmare spoke up.

"What is?" Error gave a saddened look, tears rolling down his cheeks. 

"The world!"