chapter 34 Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about?" Rintaru asked curiously. There was hurt in his voice. He knew I didn't trust him.

I was about to answer when I saw a movement from one of the anbu. I frowned in silent confusion. They must've seen me because they made the gesture to stop.

Which probably meant that I needed to keep quiet. I sighed. The only thing I could think of to get them to talk on there own was to go along with what Masato came here for.

To kiss me again.

"Is this goodbye?" I asked quietly. There was clear sadness in my voice.

"What are you talking about love? Its only goodbye if you want it to be." Masato said. I watched a figure get up and walk into the moon light allowing me to see him finally.

"What do you mean by if I want it to be?" I asked curious. I knew the anbu were listening intently. Afterall this was the answers they were looking for.

"Do you want to continue as us or are you going to push me away?" He asked coming up to me and placing his hands on my waist gently.

I didnt return the gesture but the sadness was written all over my face.

"Dont worry babe I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here by your side." He said softly leaning in slowly. I stared longingly at his lips and it seemed like he saw because he met mine softly. It was light. He barely brushed up against mine making me want more.

"Please dont leave me. I can't do it a second time." I whispered but I made sure it was loud enough for the anbu to hear.

"I wont. I'm not like Michigo. You are to important to me. I can't live without you. You're my light in the darkness." He whispered brushing his cheek up against mine. I turned away from him. I couldn't deal with another heart break. I couldnt. And I couldn't be sure he could be trusted.

Everyone got this vibe from him. A different one. He was acting differently.

"Neji we arent going to betray you. We promise. I dont understand why your acting like are." Rintaru said quietly trying to reassure me.

"You seem different was all." I answered. It was the only thing I could say to ease there suspicions and not betray the anbu. I'd be in trouble if I did.

"Why's that?" Masato asked softly pulling back. I side glanced him to see him frowning.

"Is that why you left today? Because you thought we'd betray you?" Rintaru asked frowning. I nodded slightly.

I allowed a silent tear stroll down my cheek. I allowed them to see it. I wanted to make this as believable as possible.

I frowned down as the ground ignored there gaze.

"Baby please believe me when I say that I love you. Your my light. I'd follow you anywhere. I need you in my life. Please dont push me away." He pleaded wiping the tear away.

I had felt another presence sneak up into my vision. So I closed my eyes and checked. I didnt want them to see.

As I checked I saw it was lord Hiashi. He was watching us as well. He had stopped a few feet to listen.

I had inwardly cursed. Seemed as if I wasnt going to get any privacy anymore. Not if it came to these guys.

"Are you sure you wont leave?" I turned to face him. My eyes held sadness and hope. I was silently hoping, praying that they weren't lying to me.

"I promise. We'll stay by your side. After all I'm yours til the end of time." He whispered with a gentle smile.

I felt myself blush at his words but I never looked away. I simply smiled. I was relieved. But I knew I still had to keep a close eye on them.

"You'd go against Michigo? For me?" I questioned. All happiness was wiped from my face when I mentioned her name. The traitor.

He frowned. I assumed Rintaru did as well because his demeanor changed immediately.

There was so much tension in the air you could cut it with a knife. It felt like an eternity of silence.

I looked down in sadness I was about to pull away when I felt his hands tighten around my waist.

"Yes." Was all he answered.

"I don't believe you." I whispered closing my eyes. My heart ached.

"Please believe me. If it came down to it I'd stay by your side. I'd go against her." He whispered nuzzling his head into my neck.

"I would to." Rintaru spoke up. I sighed heavily.

"Actions speak louder then words." I whispered. I felt Masato softly kissing my neck. He left a trail of kisses leading up to the corner of my mouth. He stayed there teasingly.

"Alright then. If thats what it takes." He whispered against my skin. I closed my eyes clenching my fists that were still hanging at my side.

Right before he pulled away he kissed me passionately. I, of course, immediately responded. He pulled away all to soon leaving me in want.

He smiled gently towards me obviously seeing it.

"We'll prove to you." He whispered backing away back to the shadows.

"If thats what it takes for you to believe us." Rintaru said standing up. They were getting ready to leave.

"Actions speak louder then words babe. I'll prove to you I'm worthy to stand at your side." He whispered with a smile before silently disappearing in the night.