Chapter 13

Mitch pov

I haven't slept all night, thinking about today its 6.30am, am picking Mya up at 1pm and the announcement is at 1.30. The pack is wondering why I have called for the pack meeting that every member as got to attend, normal only one person from each family has to attend any meetings then they can pass on what I have said.
I decided just to get up knowing that I will not go back to sleep.

As I walked down stairs theres not that many people about only the cooks and cleaners are up this early.
"Morning alpha, Would you like some coffee" Jane asked as I walked in to the kitchen.
"Morning Jane, and no it's ok I will make it you busy cooking for the packs breakfast" Jane as been the packs cook from when my dad was alpha, I hope she never wants to retire shes the best cook and so sweet.
"Alpha sit down, dont you dare mess up my kitchen, I will make it"
Not wanting to argue with her as shes giving me that look I sit back down and put my face in my hands.
Please moon godess watch over my mate I know shes not a wolf but you paired us for a reason. While deep in my prayer to the moon godess Jane passes me a cup of coffee and sits next to me, and grabbed my hands
"Mason dear what's wrong have not seen you this worked up since your dad and mum passed"
I cant hide anything from Jane shes seen me grow up been there for me when my parents passed I cant lie to her.
"Its about the announcement later, just got a lot on my mind that's all Jane"
She looked about to make sure no one was about "let me guess you found your mate" she whispered to me.
My head shot up "how did you know"
Smiling at me "because I know how nervous your dad was introducing your mum as Luna he was so worried someone was going to challenge her and with her been an omega she wasnt a fighter as you know." She looked down with a sad face.
She was right my mum wasnt a fighter and she died in a rogue attack, she just wasnt strong enough.
"But I know my mate is going to get challenged the she wolf as already told people she will challenge anyone I bring home." I dropped my head on the table it made a bang and some of my coffee spills out.
"Dont worry my boy the moon godess knows what shes doing. She paired you for a reason." With that she nodded and stood up, to carry on making breakfast.

After sitting there another 30mins Adam, Sean, and Chris come walking in. They all pull out a chair.
"Right I have got the omega setting the podium for later and also a room for mya. They didnt ask any questions but you could see they wanted to ask why a room" Chris said
I just nodded.
"Hi man she will do great I can feel it my wolf is so excited. Sean said smiling.
"I know, Adam am going to need you by my side the whole time to stop me if I try and help her, Chris I want you standing with Myas family, keep a close eye on her dad hes very protective of his daughter."
They both nodded.
"What do you want me to do" Sean asked
"You will be in charge of the challenge"
"Me doesn't a female normally do that." He asked
"Yes but I dont trust Lacey at all, I want someone with a good eye to make sure she doesn't try anything."
"Ok "
"Right boys all of you out my kitchen and go to the dinning hall am bring out the food" Jane said while hitting Chris on the head for trying to pinch some bacon.

Sat having breakfast was uncomfortable, everyone kept looking at me and whispering to the person sat next to them. So I ate my breakfast as fast as I could to leave. I decided to go for a run to try and carm my nerves but it didnt help at all.
On my way back to the pack house everything is ready and people are starting to arrive that dont live in the pack house. It's only 12pm still an hour till I pick Mya up but i decided to go now because people are still looking at me.

I arrived at Myas house, and claire is in the garden.
"Hi Mitch your early."
"Hi yes I know everyone was looking at me at the pack house I couldnt take it so thought I would come here. Hows Mya"
Sighing claire looked up at me" shes ok nervous but she willing to do this, it's dave am more worried about , I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid"
Nodding my head in understanding.
"I understand I have got my deta standing with me at all times so I dont interfere, and also my delta will be standing with you two just in case "
"Thank you, we dont want to cause any trouble... come on in let all sit down"