12 | Wendy's National Fall

Start from the beginning

John. From the old neighborhood.

"John!" I gasped. I sat beside him because he was the only one I knew there. Kit had a seat and nibbled on her fry. He smiled and put his arm on my shoulder.

"This is Wendy's brother," She waved her hand as a gesture to all her companions, one of which was wearing a jersey. "We are not friends," The calf-length haired one spat at me, and strolled off into the restroom.

"That's MJ for 'nice to meet you', I'm Chuck," The one sitting in between Kit and MJ sat. Or where MJ was. John spoke up next. "Yeah, she has to warm up to you. She's nice, I promise. She's been through a lot," I'm used to that nature. I have Rick as a best friend.

Chuck was tanned, about Roy's stature, and was human. He wore a football jersey for a team I wasn't familiar with. "Do you want us to bow, or?" MJ mysteriously materialized next to the table. She sounded sarcastic, but I could tell she was sincere. I shook my head. I wasn't worthy of bowing for. She sat back down next to Chuck, putting him back in the middle. MJ had light cream brown skin, but her wavy calf-length hair was arranged in waves, saturated in elegant gray highlights.

"Why would we need to?" John asked, oblivious. "That's the prince, Dawg! Have some respect," Chuck reached over and tapped his shoulder from across the table. "You're what?!" The brunette wheezed, barely able to get that out. I sank into the seat even more.

"Don't scare him, he's shy," Kit warns.

"So how come I haven't seen you guys at school?" I peep. "The only one here that goes to that school is this one here," Kit pointed to Chuck. "Guilty," he threw up a hand. "The rest of us go to public school,"

"You guys going to the football game today after school?" He asks.

"No, but we'll watch it to support Wendy on TV at my house," John said.

"I would, but my teacher handed out a hefty project and I need to finish it, mind if I join--" Chuck was brutally cut off-

"No," -by MJ.

"MJ! Be nice!" John sent her a glare, which she rolled her eyes to. "Fine," She groans.

"Speak for yourselves! I'm going to support my girl Wendy in real life!" Kit squeals, vitality sketched across her complexion. "Wendy plays football?" I raised a brow sarcastically. "Yikes, she must have some dirty secrets I don't know about," I scrunched my face jokingly.

"Tell me about it," MJ said, chewing on her food. Kit's eyes lit up like a firework show. "OH! Speaking of secrets, Wendy, Chuck, and I were on a group face chat, and Chuck though he turned his camera off, and-" Chuck slapped a palm over Kit's mouth.

"Don't do it," Chuck sighed. Kit licked his palm, grinning ear to ear. "Gross, I fall for it every time," he wiped his hand on John's sleeve, and he flinched back into me. "Where's Carly and Vicky? Could they not make it?" John asked. "No, Vicky is rehearsing her lines, and... Carly wanted to stay at school today because she's going to the counselor," Kit said sadly. With that, I could legitimately feel the vibe at this booth essentially die.

"What happened?" I asked. "Its Osa-" Kit was cut off by MJ.

"Don't you dare say a word about her," MJ sounded as if she were on the verge of tears. She excused herself, walking out of the restaurant. Kit's phone dinged shortly after MJ's abrupt departure.

"I'm going back to school. I just didn't need the prince to see me cry. Meet me in the locker rooms after 3rd period ends," she read aloud. Chuck got up, motioning me after him. I followed him into the restroom and maintenance hallway.

"Go into the bathroom with me,"

"But I don't want to go into the bathroom with you," "Just do it," I shook my head, so he lifted me and put me down in the bathroom he locked the door.