20 | Athlete?

I woke up, the surrounding space around me empty. I checked the clock.

6:45 it read. The alarm went off fifteen minutes ago. I briefly checked my notifications, stepping out the back door. I shut the door, running a hand through my hair.

I had a couple of missed calls from my dad. I called him back, pressing the phone to my ear and folding my other arm around my stomach.

"Hey, dad!" I smiled sleepily. "G'morning trooper," he responded. I heard papers moving around so I assumed he was in his office.

"I was trying to call you to let you know I switched your SUV and Tesla out," I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah that's fine, but may I ask why? Was it a color switch?" I asked.

"Walk out and see what's out there," he said. "I handled it this morning, coach already knew about it. I went ahead and got it done before heading to my office,"

I walked out of the gate leading to the side of the house and rounded the beautiful residence, freezing in shock upon looking at the driveway.

"Dad?" I choked. "Yes, son?"

"Why is there a brand new Rolls Royce Cullinan out here?"

"Do you like it? All your stuff from the old car should be in it,"

"I LOVE IT!" I cried, running into the driver's seat, glancing around the light brown interior. Everything seemed to sparkle in here as I turned on the light. I opened the glove department, seeing my belongings, except the key was for the Cullinan instead of the explorer. I quickly grabbed my keys and money clip, counting my cash and making sure it was all there, and thankfully it was.

"So I'm sure you're glad to hear I replaced your Tesla with a white Chiron,"

"A CHIRON?" I asked, widening my eyes.

"Yep, pearly white," he said as I heard a file cabinet close.

"Can I box this before the conference, dad?"

"If you can still drive I don't care," he said.

"Thanks, Dad, I'm gonna go get ready. And hey; I'm so, so, grateful you're doing this for me,"

"Don't turn this into a big deal; I couldn't have my other kids driving fancy sports cars and shit while you're in an explorer,"

"You spent millions this morning," I said.

"I also went auctioning last night because I felt like it. I bought about two hundred thousand dollars worth of paintings in cash and I'm not even gonna use them," he said. "It's okay, trooper,"

"Love you, Dad, I really do even though I'm not blood,"

"None of those spoiled brats besides junior are blood and I treat them all the same, I love every last one of them. And I love you, too,"

"Thanks, Dad, I've gotta get ready, but I'll be home tonight. Do you maybe wanna watch a movie with me?"

"Wow, one of my spoiled brats wants to spend time with me!" He chuckled. "Of course we can buddy, but you might be home before me. If you wanna beat me home you can," he said.

"I'll probably come home when I finish hanging out after the conference," I said.

"It's a plan, trooper," he said.

"Bye dad, thanks for the sweet new rides,"

"Anything you need," he said, hanging up. I sat there, looking around as a wave of realization hit me.

"OH MY GOD!" I cried, hopping out of the three hundred thousand dollar car.

I fled through the side gate and down the hill into the basement door leading into our room. I hurriedly changed into a blue fluffy hoodie, some light blue jeans, Nike socks, and some University Blue dunks.