12 | Wendy's National Fall

"Hey, so there's this International Football game that I've been requested to make an appearance at, and if you boys choose to join you're always welcome," Dad said, eating a chicken wing in one bite. He incinerated each bone with a swift breath of fire. The 20-piece in front of him looked like nothing.

"Football? Like the sport where you throw the ball?!" I beamed, gnawing into my burger. "Hell yeah! Football!" Larry roused, scarfing some fries down his snout. "Cool. So after the case, I'll drive us to the stadium complex, and I'll take you guys to have some fun afterward. I appreciate how you handled things at school, and I'm gonna treat you guys. Besides, we didn't celebrate Trooper's birthday together like I wanted to,"

"Who's coming?" Larry asked, picking his teeth with his claws. "I know they asked Wendy to perform the American Anthem, and her friends are performing both the island's national anthems,"

"How come Wendy isn't doing our anthem?"

"Because when they sent the American team over last week they specifically wanted her to do it since she's the only Koopa performing an anthem, and they wanted a Koopa to do it. A contribution is also that she's the princess," Dad explains, eating some of his fries upon the conclusion of the explanation.

"What are we doing after, exactly?" I asked quietly. Bowser pulled me into his side, clearing his throat. "I was thinking Defy—" "YES!" Larry butt in. "Lar," Dad rolled his eyes. "I apologize, it's just that I LOVE Defy!" He exclaimed.

"Dad," I uttered in confusion, burying my lips in my sleeve. "What is it?" "A tramp park, buddy," "Like the ones in the magazines?" I smiled, never seeing one in real life before. "Yes, like that!" He smiled back at me.

"After that, I was thinking Miyabi, since my damn stinker never had oriental food," Bowser chuckled. "It is SO good! It'll blow your mind!" Larry announced, taking an unsafely sized bite of his burger. I giggled at him when he choked a bit. Maybe the burger wanted revenge.

" Don't die," Bowser scoffed before taking a tremendous bite himself. The managers and employees gave us a special spot in the restaurant's most scenic corner, and maintained a close view, to make sure no one disturbed us too much.

"Hey, do you want to come to sit with us?" An innocent girl with pink hair stepped up to us. She looked to be around my age. She gazed at me with a bright, blue-eyed innocent smile. An employee began to walk over, but Larry held up a hand and the Koopa nodded, walking off.

"Um... I d-" Bowser spoke awkwardly, but I held up a hand. "Oh, I'm very sorry, Lord Bowser!" she bowed her head as she noticed him for the first time. "I'm one of Wendy's old buddies. We still text online. I've been to your place before you were king; you changed so much!"

"Ah! Kitson, It's been so long! Where have you been?" He asked in realization. She bent down and hugged him briefly, standing back up afterward.

"Oh please, call me Kit- as you used to. I live in the same neighborhood, the condominium complex near the shore, across the road from your former home," she explained.

"I just wanted to introduce my friends to Taemin. I've learned a lot about him from Wendy," she beamed. I blushed. "Like what?" I answered, burying my lip with Rick's oversized hoodie sleeve.

"Come sit with us, we can discuss it!"

"Dad... Is it okay?" I gnawed on my excuse of a pinky nail.

"Sure thing, son. Are you sure though?" he flashed an uneasy expression. I nodded. He gently pulled my hand out of my mouth.

"Thanks so much!" Kit replied, running a hand through her silky pink, wavy hair.

The enormous windows throughout the place dressed the restaurant in a rich glow like no other. The skylights showcased the cloudless sky. Kit led me to her table of three other companions, one of them I instantly recognized.