15 | Back on Our Feet

"Choke me like you hate me~" the speakers softly boomed.

"M.. m.. MJ.." I heard Roy groan aggressively through the door. Wait, wasn't she that girl I met at the diner?

'Wow,' I mouthed. "Am I interrupting something?" I said as I opened one of the hotel bedroom doors.

He removed his hand, giving me an open view, glancing at me in surprise. I whipped my head to a random window in the room, blushing.

Too late. Way too late. My eyes already longed to escape my head. Why did I even walk in?

Slapping around, he found the phone and paused the music and closed out the picture he had pulled up of her. "You know what?" He started. He yanked the lotion off the nightstand and stood up, facing me. I covered my eyes quickly even if there was no use. "You already caught me so I don't care, really," he grumbled.

"You're gross," I rolled my eyes from under my hands. "This is still a hotel,"

"And we are still the only two here," He said. He was right. Bowser and the rest went out to get breakfast. He took whoever was up and that left the two of us. "Plus you've seen me in the shower already," He shrugged, digging through his expensive bag.

"It isn't the same," I shuddered, flustered. "Well you would've been in for it if you would've seen me finish. And it was to that hottie too? Wish she went to our school," he groaned in disappointment.

Roy shrugged on basketball shorts and left himself shirtless. He hopped back on the bed. Unfortunately, he was stuck with me so he never got any privacy. He slipped the bottle of hotel-branded lotion back into the chasm called the nightstand drawer.

"Come sit next to me," he whipped out his phone.

"Hard pass," I scrunched up my face. Someone knocked on the door and I glanced at Roy.

He shrugged, "You're closer," he gestured to me in place at the threshold.

I rolled my eyes, exiting the room. I strut over to the door and opened it.

"Guys!" I gladly let everyone in. Every family member was here, but the question was.. why?

"Taemin, where's your d-" DK was cut off by Roy and King Boo arguing.

"Put a damn shirt on!"

"Look who's talkin' gravestone!"

"Fuck you, brat!"

"They do this a lot," Mario sighed. "Too much,"

"Anyways, whe-"

"Squeeee! This kitchen is so tiny and adorable!" Peach squealed from the next room.

DK facepalmed.

"Where's your dad?" DK asked, bringing me to the side.

"Getting food. Why did everyone show up all of a sudden?"

"Because we were going to help you guys get moved in but someone mistook the time,"

A. Byzmal forked his arms up in surrender.

We heard the clicking of the room key, signaling Bowser's arrival. I drooled at the delicious waft of breakfast.

As everyone blended into the conversation, I noticed DK and my dad talking on the side. I enter the hallway and noticed my dad's stressed features. I held my arms out to him. To my surprise, he picked me up.

"What's up, buddy?"

I sighed. "You looked a bit stressed. I just wanted to make sure everything's alright," I gazed at his glossy orbs.