21 | The Spell

My eyes slowly creaked open, blinking out the crust that formed throughout the night. Instinctual matters carried me into the bathroom to alleviate that morning pressure. The sun wasn't up yet, but it was around 5:00.

I grabbed my phone, sleepily shutting off the alarm, going to get some breakfast. I trotted through the dark mansion, flicking on the middle set of lights in the massive kitchen. Immediately I was met with a dim glow melding with the reflection of the fixtures.

I looked in the freezer, satisfied with some breakfast sliders. I grabbed two of them, unwrapping them and popping them in the microwave. I sat sideways on one of the barstools on the far side of the kitchen, taking to scrolling on my phone.

I suddenly felt a large, warm body wrap around me from behind. I jumped. "It's only me, trooper," Dad chuckled, standing there for a minute. I relaxed in his hold. "You scared the hell out of me," A nervous laugh escaped my lips.

He lifted his head, hitting the top of my head with his chin playfully. "I can do scarier than hugging my son," Bowser rolled his eyes, letting go of me to make coffee. "What are you doing up so early, Dad?"

He briefly turned his head from the coffee brewer. "I could ask you the same,"

"Well, I asked you first,"

"Well I can ask you who has to wake up and make sure all 9 of his brats gets up and take their asses to school in the morning?"

"Fair point," I ruffled my hair, wiping my face.

"I also have to get ready for work and make sure the chauffeur comes to get Junior, and then get ready to head out to the office," he leaned against the counter, gazing at me.

"I thought they rode the school bus?" I asked.

"They did that for a week because they lost a bet," he said. "They know they can take their own asses to school in their own cars," he said, puffing his mod. We sat in tired silence until we heard yelling coming from the hallway. Just then, Larry's scream went as fast as it had came, his airborne body flying through the opulent hall.

When he flew past the arch, I couldn't even make out anything but a blue blur because he was flying so fast. My heart sunk in alarm as I heard a sickening thud all the way at the other end of the hallway.

I heard the wall crumble in, the debris beginning it's noisy descent to the expensive flooring. Bowser was peeking through the archway as soon as he heard Larry, and was over there just in time to see him hit the wall. "Lar!" He cried in surprise. I ran over and looked at Larry, who was dazed on the ground, the wall behind him sporting a massive hole. On the other end was a surprised Iggy, stuck in the position he was in when he whisked Larry down the hall with his wand.

"Iggy! What the fuck? Why would you do that?!" Bowser boomed through the house.

"He wanted to fight about the bathroom like a little shit!" Iggy cried.

"So you fling him across the fucking hallway?!" Bowser said, rubbing his temple.

"I didn't know he would fly that far!"

"There's like a gajillion bathrooms in this house and you dumbasses choose to fight over one?!"

I took the time they argued to run over to Larry to try and help him up, but he was a bit too heavy for me. "I'm fine, I'm just still sleepy and didn't feel like getting up right away," he stood up and brushed himself off, towering over me. "It barely hurt!" He smiled. I exhaled in relief.

"Do that shit again and your wand's mine for a week," Bowser grumbled, making his way back in the kitchen. I let myself relax since Larry seemed fine, and Bowser wasn't too worried. Larry headed upstairs, and Iggy retreated into the bathroom to finish getting ready.