19 | First Sleepover

The world blurred by as I sped through the highways, 20 minutes between me and the lunch place we used as our meeting spot.

I drove the explorer, just in case the boys wanted to go somewhere throughout the weekend, and didn't wanna drive with Coach.

I came to thoroughly enjoy driving, picking up my dad's habits, speeding at almost 100 miles an hour, and soaring through EZ Passes even though there wasn't much traffic. The way they rose and looped over the highway and sunk into tunnels that the highway simply didn't have was awesome.

Not many people bothered using the EZ Pass because there weren't many people on the highway at all, so I could go as fast as I wanted with little worry about hurting anyone.

I passed my driver's test with soaring colors last year, and I haven't driven since besides when I first got my cars. I quickly became used to it, taking after most of my family when it came to driving fast. I loved speed.

I veered off the highway, entering downtown. I passed the hotel building we previously stayed at, quickly glancing up at the top, memories flooding through me. Staying there hadn't been too bad.

I smiled as I trained my eyes on the road, parking in a spot. As dad had promised, he had used an app to e-transfer us some money. Wendy asked for way more than I did, and I'm sure he sent her at least 15 grand.

He sent me a few grand and I only expected a couple hundred. I tried multiple times to send him back some but he continuously denied my requests, earning me a special text.

"If you try to send the money back one more time, I'm setting your room on fire,"

I knew he hadn't meant it, he was just joking, but it's clear that I was hurting his feelings. So if he wanted me to have the money I'd just shake it off and enjoy it.

I hopped out of the SUV, grabbed my keys attached to a NIBU (North Islands Beach University) lanyard, and shoved it into the pocket of my black shorts. My outfit was decent, I had a beige shirt on, black shorts that cut off above my lower thigh, Nike socks, and a pair of Animal Pack dunks.

I took out my wallet and brought out the card, swiping it at the parking machine, and made sure my toll was paid off before heading down the sidewalk, popping an AirPod in.

Neon Guts by Uzi played softly as I walked, mindlessly scrolling through my phone. I paused and snapped a quick picture of my shoes, and a couple of other random ones of myself and the area around me.

I composed a post, selecting the photo of me and my dad and the photo of me and the money, and the random photos I took and posted it with the caption, "photo dump <3"

I kept on walking, thinking nothing of it, but my phone began to buzz mercilessly, so much so I couldn't hear my song. I raised an eyebrow, plucking my phone out of my pocket to tell whoever that was that I was coming.

I was surprised to see it was my Instagoomba. The picture I posted not even seconds ago already had thousands of likes.

I muted my phone so my music could go back to its normal volume, looking both ways before crossing the street.

I headed into the cozy restaurant we were meeting at and looked around.

"Over here!" A voice cried. It was Tony. He hurried over and wrapped an arm around me.

"What's up, man? Missed ya at school Friday," he grinned.

"I was planning on going but my uncle had other plans," I said. Last night I had woken up around 11 and went to the midnight show with my family. This one was centered on me and my sudden adjustment, and I earned a good bit of cash. When I got to DK's he gave me a spare money clip and I stuffed all my cash in it, attached to my lanyard. I had gotten back at like 2 in the morning and earned eighteen hundred. I had $10,500 to my name, 6k on my card, and 4.5k cash from being on air.