23 | Retreat

Short A/N that doesn't need its chapter:

This story wasn't made for Wattpad.. if that makes sense. It was written as a more personal escape for your dear author. I didn't tie myself to a schedule, or a daily writing routine (obviously lmao) as I kind of add to the book whenever I find the spare time to. If anyone, doesn't agree with anything that is put in the book, or anything that the book pertains to, you can alert me privately. And as a lot of people do enjoy/tune in wherever there is an update, I love you all, but this book was never meant to be one for widespread public satisfaction. It's simply my escape and imagination, and that's that. Without any more interruptions from this rant, let's continue! :D

Yes, I threw that together during lunch.

I woke up to an empty bed. An amazing smell was wafting through the house. I barely managed to hear voices coming from the kitchen. I looked up at the LED clock on the wall. If the time was right, it should be around six in the morning. I still had time to head home and go to school.

I got up, trudging slowly to the kitchen. The ocean showed off confidently in the windows. The rising sunbeams shimmered ferociously off its waves. The interior of the massive home was tinted in a wild morning orange. I could hear music coming from the flatscreen in the kitchen.

"Hey guys" I greet them, rubbing my eyes. "What's up, sleepyhead," Dante snickered. I rolled my eyes, going up to them.

"Hi, dude!" Miz waved.

"Hey," Emi waved at me as well.

"What are you guys doing up so early? And cooking too?" I asked curiously.

"Well for one, these bottomless holes need to eat,"
Dante smirked at Emi and Miz. Emi snorted into her sleeve. "Dude, you're the one that's the bottomless hole!" She protested.

"Yeah! This hole has a bottom!" Miz cried. I bent over on the counter as I began to laugh. "Can we evict him?" Emi rolled her eyes.

"Hey- watch it, I was here before you!" Dante raised a brow.

"What are you doing up so early anyways?" Miz asked. I ran a hand through my hair. "I have school," I said, walking up to peek onto the stovetop.

Eggs, Bacon, and Avocado Toast. "Start the day off right huh?" Dante grinned. I nodded hurriedly. Damn, was I hungry.

Dante finished breakfast, and we all ate hungrily over music and small talk. Soon, it was around time for me to get going. I hugged all my friends tightly after I got all my shit together. I pulled my Chrysler into the garage, taking my things out, and putting them in the shiny yellow Urus.

I jumped inside the car, taking a second to glance around and appreciate it. I headed to school, suffering through classes and afterschool until it was time to follow my siblings back home. I remembered I was supposed to be going out with Morton tonight, and I needed to pack since I wasn't coming right back. I was exhausted from sports, and was sweaty, nearly glued in my soaked gym clothes.

I parked in the motor court in my usual spot. I hopped out of the car, running in the house. I was the last one in so I made it to my room uninterrupted. I looked around, so damn happy to have a room like this.

I hurriedly stripped of my gym clothes, putting in my dirty clothes bin. I stepped into the hot steaming shower. Instantly my bones began to relax and the tension of the day began to melt off of me, dripping into the drain alongside the water. I washed my hair, scrubbing my body before standing there for a while.

I stepped out, putting some sweatpants on and a hoodie. I got a backwood out of my drawer as well as a tray and some bud. I laid on my stomach and set us the rolling tray. I penny pinched the bud into the backwood and licked it shut. I made sure to make it nice and wide since I hadn't smoked today.