11 | Gentle Headspin

The series of brick buildings humanity called a "campus" in front of me served as no surprise.

"You got this, we're not leaving you alone this time," Larry confided in me.

"Oh hi, Kaylem!" Larry was gone. Larry was also 12. Makes sense.

"The rest of us won't let you go, don't worry," Morton says as the rest of us walked into the academic building.

I stare down at my phone. One by one they all headed to class and soon enough Iggy, Roy, and I were the only ones left.

"I don't wanna be here," I rolled my eyes, whining slightly. "It's okay, nothing's happening this time," Iggy said.

"I'll keep those motherfuckers away," Roy puffed his chest as we turned the hallway. I poked him and giggled quietly.

Roy gave me a reassuring pat on the back as we parted to enter class. I stared at my phone as I sat at my seat. "You want a seat closer to mine and Larry's?"

"No, I'd rather stay," I said nervously. "Okay, that's fine. Get started on your work. I'll sit here since we're early," I nodded and pulled out my notes, copying the pre-written bell ringer on the board.

"I'm sorry you babies got hurt on school ground!" We looked up to see the teacher, bag encircled within her arm, walking towards us.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it," he shook his head, lime beanie bouncing atop his head. I slightly hid in Rick's hoodie at the memory. "You're required to have a meeting by law, after your after school activities you have to gather in the conference room with the assailant to discuss legal matters," she said, gesturing to our faces, which still had some bruises on it.

"Also, I heard about the king on the news, and your outstanding bravery," she smiled, "Great job on saving our king," she grinned gratefully.

"Fist of all, he's my dad, and second of all... MY WHAT?!"

"The raid got coverage on the news. And there are so many online reports about it. If dad hadn't been so flimsy with his security's schedule, this wouldn't have happened," Iggy grumbled, aggravation painted on his features as he aggressively scribbled his notes down.

"We can't blame dad for this. Blame the money-hungry infiltrators,"

"Wait.. you said what..?" The teacher's eyes widened. "Infiltrators, they're not from here, y'know? Invaders of our country"

"That means they snuck in, no foreigners are allowed in the country, unless they get individually approved," Iggy nibbled at his talons. "The Koopa Troop's got it. We're all in it," Iggy paused. "Are you in it? We haven't heard from Kamek lately," I shook my head and shrugged. Me neither after all. He began to work again.

"Remember your dad can represent you if you don't show, the bullies are gonna have to answer for him," She said, making want to stay home 10x more.

The bell exploded in its discordant blare. Iggy pat me on the back and moved to his seat as the teacher began setting up her welcome PowerPoint.

"Taemin!" Tony and Sammie walked up to me. I hugged them both. "Dude I'm so sorry-" I placed a hand on his snout.

"Not now, Carl," I grinned, not wanting to ruin the moment. "I called your dad after you saved-"

"We saved," I cut him off, correcting him.

"Right," he breathed as we all took our seats, Sammie rotated in his chair as he listened in. "He came to my house with the Koopa Troop, and of course I let him in. I was really embarrassed because I don't really have the nicest house," Sammie frowned empathetically for him, as did I.