Chapter 40- Season 2

Depuis le début

"Alex!" I shouted behind him. He stopped abruptly but didn't turn back. He started walking again with more speed.

What the hell?

I followed him to the gardens but did not try to call him because he knows I'm following him.

He stopped in front of a bench and sat on it. I took a seat beside him quietly. He ran his hand over his face, wiping away his tears furiously.

My heart was hammering inside my chest. I never in my life thought I would see Alex in such a condition. I am scared too. It must be something serious that got my best friend crying like this.

I put a hand over his shoulder and squeezed a bit.

"What happened Alex?" I asked him. he looked at me and my eyes widened when I saw his red rimmed eyes.

"Tell me Alex, what happened?" I shook his shoulder. I was getting impatient.

"I ruined everything, Ryder. Everything. I broke her trust." He said, barely managing from breaking down in front of me.

Her?

Berry!

"What happened between you and Berry?"

He told me how he lost control and forced himself on Berry. He told me that he wanted to stop but something wasn't allowing him to. Now, Berry wants to be left alone.

Berry must be heartbroken. I can't even imagine what she is feeling right now. My heart went out to her and my best friend.

I am sure he was under a spell. He knew it too.

"Alex, it is not your fault. You were under the influence of something."

"It doesn't change the fact that I violated my own mate! How will I ever face her? I was supposed to be her protector, look what I did!" he yelled and pulled at his hair.

He was very disturbed with everything that transpired between him and Berry. I need to think rationally.

The fact that someone managed to get the Alpha King under their spell is scary itself. The power of that entity hit me full force.

"Alex, listen to me." I held his shoulders and made him look at me. I need to be with my best friend like he was there for me, always.

"You need to sort this out with Berry. She will understand your situation, I am sure. Just give her some time. She also knows how much you love her. You managed to break that spell and control yourself on time. I know you feel guilty but believe me, it's not your fault."

"Will she ever forgive me?" he asked. He looked so broken.

"Yes, Brother. She will. You need to tell me what happened. How did someone managed to cast a spell on you?"

"It happened when I left the castle to check our borders when those wolves came to us asking for help." He started explaining.

I listened to him carefully.

"I crossed our territory to see if the demons were still there. It was dead silent. No sign of a living soul. Everything was still. Not even the wind blowing. That's when I knew something is wrong.

I heard a twig snap that had me turning around and I came face to face with the Demon. It was very close to my face, staring dead into my eyes with its own hollow ones.

It leaned towards my ear and started whispering.

You are the great Alpha King

No one is above you

Everyone is beneath you

You are the most powerful

You are the almighty

Your mate should serve you

Your mate should bring your heir into the world

The heir who will carry your legacy

Fill your mate with your seeds

Your mate cannot deny

Do the duty of the great Alpha King

Take what's yours

Your mate cannot deny

Claim your mate

Claim her

Claim her

She belongs to you

Do your deed

The great Alpha King

The Almighty!"

He stopped after he repeated that chant and held his head.

I was stupefied. The demon cast a spell to get Alex impregnate Berry.... But why?

Shouldn't they try to stop them from mating?

"Then it threw something in the air. It created a black smoke. It got difficult for me to breathe. But then it disappeared. And then father and uncle reached the place and everything else happened." He completed. His face was blank. I could see the patched of dried up tears on his face.

"How is this possible Alex? I thought they can't even touch you, how did they managed to get you under their control?" the situation is really getting out of hand.

"I don't know myself."

"I know." A voice came from behind us. We stood up from the bench and turned back to see uncle Kenneth standing there with a grave expression on his face.

"Father, I..." Alexander was at a loss of words.

"The demons got someone to help them. Someone who mastered in spells, magic, who can use nature to get what they want."

There was only one name that came in my mind.

"Fatmagul."