Intimidate

I couldn't remember what happened after I passed out. Allegedly, I woke up and talked to everyone while high on medication. Yay.

Everything hurts. My ribs, my legs, face, hands, arms. It feels like I got hit by a truck. The only good thing about this is that I haven't broken my legs, so I can walk. Somehow Bruce Wayne managed to convince the hospital that I'd be in better care at their giant mansion. I mean I can't really blame him. I did figure out who Robin is and I assume their whole family is in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if I told Damian I knew while acting drunk. That sounds like something I'd do.Poor Damian I definitely got him in trouble.

I point to my small handbag, asking without words for Chloe to pick it up for me. Tiki is nestled inside and I trust Chloe to not root around in my stuff.

"Are you sure you're okay with this? I can get daddy to set both of us up in a different hotel if you want." Chloe offered. She was more than wary about someone else taking care of me.

"I would hug you if I could, but you'll just have to trust me. I'll be fine. It doesn't even hurt that much and I'm pretty sure I've shown that I can handle myself." I stare into her eyes, getting more and more annoyed that I can't open my right eye. But maybe that's a good thing. The doctor told me about the heterochromia I can guarantee that if I stared at Chloe with a permanently damaged eye she'd cry. A lot.

It wasn't that big of a deal, they said things on my right side would just be a bit blurry for a while. When my eye heals fully I can just get a contact for it.

Chloe relented first, her hands twitching at her sides. I can tell she really wants to hold my hand, but can't because of the bruises and injuries. I smile kindly at her, "You can hold my hand if you want. Just be gentle." She looks up in shock.

"No!" She shakes her head, "That would hurt you. As your friend, it would be utterly ridiculous for me to harm you in the slightest." she sighs dramatically putting her hand on her hip and looking at me with a facial expression eerily similar to a fed-up parent. "When are you going to start taking care of yourself Dupain-Cheng?" She sniffles lightly and I feel my heart drop.

I scared her. Her only friend terrified her enough that she was close to tears and she couldn't even hug me. "I'm sorry I worried you Chlo. I'm so sorry." I feel my face burn with unshed tears as Chloe turns away.

"Whatever. Let's get going, you don't want to be late. Just promise me you'll look after yourself more and stop getting into fights."

"I will." It's an empty promise and by the way she tenses she knows it too. She starts walking away and I follow. Signing out of the hospital was easy and then we walked outside and got in the limousine parked outside.

"Excuse me? Sir? Isn't this a little extra? I don't need a limo for just one drive." I say politely to the driver.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss. Dupain-Cheng I'm Alfred Pennyworth. Master Bruce said he wanted you to be comfortable on your way here and everyone uses the limousine when I drive." He explains carefully.

"Oh, okay. You can call me Marinette by the way. No need to be so formal with me." I smile brightly at him. Well, as much as my bruised lip would allow. His face tightens barely perceivable to the naked eye.

"If that is what you wish, Miss. Marinette." He turns around and starts driving away. It's about 15 minutes of absolute silence. No one talked. The only noise that could be heard was the thrum of the engine.

When we arrived the entire family was waiting inside. Bruce walked over and smiled politely. "Miss. Dupain-Cheng. I've heard a lot about you."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mr. Wayne." I raise my hand for him to shake. He raises an eyebrow at the display.