➳ 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Start from the beginning

He did it too and took a seat in front of her. "You should look for a doctor and ask if there's something wrong with your health."

"Huh?"

"The scarf," he gestured. "I know we're almost close to winter but damn. What's up with all the cold?"

"Oh," she giggled, smoothing the scarf around her neck. "I'm not cold. I just thought it looked cute."

"Hm," he leaned back. "Anyway, what are you doing this weekend?"

"Why?"

"My friends and I are going to a concert Saturday. Do you wanna come?"

"Concert..." Jieun bit her lip, rubbing her cheek. "Saturday..."

"Yeah."

"Sorry, I can't. I made plans... with... my friend, Seulgi."

Taehyung didn't look hurt, but she could see the curiosity in his eyes. "And what would that be?"

She gulped nervously. Lying to someone you cared about, was always a difficult thing to do. "We're going to, uh... visit my brother in rehab."

His features changed in surprise. "Oh, so he's there?"

Jieun nodded and almost sighed in relief. "The treatment Lucas's taking it's a sixty-day program, so he'd be there for some time."

"I see," Taehyung mused. "I hope he gets better."

"I hope it, too," she half-smiled.

The awkward silence arrived and stayed with them staring at each other with nothing else to say.

But Jieun found it impossible to keep looking at him, lowering her eyes down, because somehow she felt ashamed for what she's been doing. For lying to her friends. For helping criminals.

"Well, I should go," he told her, standing up.

Jieun wished Taehyung couldn't go just yet, but for some reason, say nothing to stop him.

He didn't leave right away, his eyes remained stuck in her figure as if asking if she wanted to tell him something, which she didn't.

Sighing, he left her alone... and she just wanted to cry.

🄳🄸🅁🅃🅈 😈
😈 🄼🄸🄽🄳🅂

∘ ♡ ༉ ∘

Two days later, Jieun was right back at the club again, this time in a small grey skirt coming down to her mid-thigh and a black long-sleeved shirt that clung to her every curve along with some high boots Joy chose for her.