twenty-seven

His words rang in my ears, almost causing me to forget where I was. When I did remember though, when I came back to my reality, Draco had let go of my hands, and was biting my neck again. I gripped the sheets tightly, almost turning my knuckles white as I nearly screamed with pleasure. I couldn't keep my eyes open, and I screwed them tightly as my back arched into him. He slowed down, pulling himself away from me as he breathed heavily, pulling his boxers back on.
"Draco- did you just say-" but he interrupted me as I pulled his sheets around my naked body.
"I love you." He repeated nonchalantly, turning to face me as he pulled sweatpants over his legs. I sat there shocked, as I stared at him, admiring the boy in front of me.
"I- I love you too." I choked out, and he smiled down at me.

The next morning, I woke up barely able to walk, and I struggled to pull some clothes on. Draco stirred beside me as I buttoned a few of the bottom buttons of a shirt of his over my body.
"Come back." He tugged at my waist, and I climbed on top of him once more.
"We can't." I whined, as he kissed my collarbone lightly, unbuttoning the buttons I had just done.
"Fuck." He groaned, looking at my bare chest as the fabric fell around my shoulders.
"Draco!" I jumped when his lips made contact with my breasts.
"Mm. You're the best breakfast I've ever had." He bit at my skin.
"Ugh-" I groaned, tossing my head back with a familiar moan, "I'm too sore." I pushed at him, and he leaned back against the headboard.
"I'll make you sore." He pinched my butt and I fell into his chest. I gave in to it, sliding down to lay with him. A loud boom rang through the dungeon, loud enough to hear it in the whole dormitory. Draco gave me a frantic look, and I gave one right back.

"I have to get dressed." I whispered, pulling the shirt closed, grabbing my wand and clothes before running to my room. I pulled on a normal outfit as Draco stood behind me, and I looked at him with scared eyes as a blood curdling scream rang through the dungeon. I gripped my wand and followed him. He shoved me against the wall, covering my whole body with his as death eaters walked through the halls in an orderly fashion, sending red and green lights through the halls at other students. One of them looked at us, and Draco nodded at him before uncovering me and taking my hand.
"They've been here for months." He whispered back at me, with a look of disgust. Suddenly, my ears rang loudly.
"Do you hear that?" I questioned, following quietly with him and the rest of the death eaters.
"Hear what?" He looked at me with bewilderment. I shook my head, and he let go of my hand as we approached the great hall. I heard it again, and this time it made my head ache. I winced, rubbing at my temple as I heard a voice in the back of my head.

Kill the ones who oppose you.

My eyes opened wide, but I shook the thought away. I stepped back away from the group quietly, without being seen, and ran through the corridors until I was out of breath and standing in the tower.
"What is going on?" I shouted, running my hands through my hair. I rubbed my temple once more, leaning against the cold stone of the school.
"Octavia?" A quiet voice emerged from the shadows. No. Not now.
"Fred." I whispered, sighing as I leaned my head into my hands.
"What's wrong?" He asked, standing next to me cautiously.
"You need to leave. Go home. Get out of here, Fred. I don't know why you're here, but take Ginny with you." I put my hands up in defense.
"No." He said firmly. I shoved his chest hard, pushing him away from me.
"Fuck off, Frederick! Fucking-" I hit his chest with my fists and he didn't stop me. I shoved him one final time, until my head began to get dizzy again.

Kill him.

My mind was racing, these crazy thoughts interrupting me without any notice, driving me absolutely mad.
"Stop!" I screamed, grabbing my head. Fred took a step closer to me, and I drew my wand.
"Get away from me!" I pointed it daringly at him, my hands shaking. He stared me down softly, walking closer until my wand was pushing into his chest.
"You won't hurt me." He whispered, but I narrowed my eyes at him.
"I already have." I scoffed, pushing it deeper as he winced to the touch. I turned on my heels quickly, running down the steps to find Draco. My mind was driving me bonkers, telling me things I would never think on my own. I walked slowly down the halls of what used to be a home to me, as students lay injured or dead on the ground.
"You bitch! You knew about this, didn't you?" Pansy charged at me from nowhere, and I ducked.
"Fuck right off, Parkinson!" I yelled at her, but she came at me again. I raised my wand and shot at her.
"Reducto!" I shouted, and she was sent flying feet away from me.

Kill her.

The voice urged me again, and I walked over to where she lay helpless on the floor.
"You're pathetic." I spat down at her and she looked up at me with fear. I focused intently, not even thinking about it. She let a scream out of her mouth and clutched her head in pain, and the more I focused on it, the worse she became, until she passed out completely. I stood, wiping my knees and rolling my eyes at her. It was like my body was on autopilot, and as I snapped back, I realized I had done that so effortlessly. So, heartlessly. But despite that, I craved the power I felt from inflicting that on her.

And that scared the shit out of me.