twenty-three

I finally got a break until school almost started. Things calmed down, I was able to live peacefully at Malfoy Manor with Draco, and we tried to attend as few Dark Order meetings as possible. I spent weeks mourning my father, refusing to leave my room and only spending time with Draco. Fred had not written me the entire summer, and my ring hadn't warmed up until today. I was looking down at my hands when it happened, and my skin started burning this time. It kept going away and coming back, each time worse than the last. I heard a scratching noise at my window, and there was an owl with a piece of parchment. I opened it, recognizing it as the Weasleys owl. Fred had finally wrote to me. I looked down at the parchment, which was covered in blood.

Please come.
Hurry.

I scrambled together, throwing on some shoes, grabbing my wand before leaving the house with a loud crack.

I showed up outside of the Burrow, and when I entered, everyone was in a panic.
"Octavia! Stop!" Harry shoved in front of me, and I saw the couch. There lay one of the twins, so bloody that I couldn't tell who it was. I shoved Harry back and ran over, kneeling next to Fred or George. I still couldn't tell.
"Octavia, I'm holy!" They chuckled, and I knew it was George.
"Via!" Fred called from behind me, and I immediately jumped into his arms, and then examined him to make sure he wasn't hurt.
"What happened Fred? What is going on?" I started to cry, but he pulled me out of the room and into a hallway.
"I'm so sorry about Sirius." He held me tightly.
"What happened to George?"
"It was a death eater. We were trying to help Harry, but they hit him." His words came out stuttered.
"Everything always fucking happens because of Harry." I mumbled. I hadn't spoken to him since the incident with my dad, which I blame on him. How many wizards and witches have to die in order for one boy to live?
I leaned back on the wall, sinking into the floor.
"I'm so sorry, I had no idea this was going to happen. George is never going to forgive me. I have to go see him again." I quickly stood and my head rushed, but I shrugged it off and made my way back to the couch, kneeling down to his side.
"George, I'm so sorry." I grabbed his hand and held it tightly.
"It's alright, now everyone will be able to tell us apart." He chuckled, and started to close his eyes.
"Stay awake." I nudged him. He slowly sat up to try to regain consciousness, and started cracking jokes like his old self. I wiped away a tear I didn't realize had come out, getting up and rushing to the bathroom. I looked at myself for a while in the mirror, my hair all astray and my eyes were sunk into my face. I looked as though I hadn't slept in months, and I certainly hadn't. I stared at my wrist, the black ink that stood out against my pale skin taunted me, as if telling me there was no way I would ever be better than this. This group had taken my father, and almost taken one of my best friends. As I stared longer, the more angry I became. I started scratching around the edges, hoping maybe it would just magically peel off. I frantically searched through the drawers, hoping to find something to take it off. I slammed it in frustration and left the bathroom, running into Fred.
"Are you alright?" He asked, peering down at me.
"I have to go back." I mumbled.
"Please, stay." He grabbed both of my hands, and rubbed his thumb over the ring.
"You put it on." He looked shocked, and I nodded.
"Why does it heat up?" I pondered, and it started to warm on my hand again. He pointed to a similar ring on his finger, and every time he touched it, it would warm. I grabbed his hand, setting my finger on it, feeling mine get cold. I touched my own, and his got very cold.
"Why does yours get cold when I touch it?" I furrowed my brows at him.
"You're always cold. It's charmed to feel whatever the other feels. For instance," he paused, taking it off and popping it in his mouth while laughing, until I noticed mine was starting to get slimy, "- that will happen. It's the same with pain, so try not to get hurt." He chuckled, and I wiped my hand on my shirt.
"Will do." I looked at the ground. Fred lifted my chin with one finger, making me look at him.
"Fred..." I whispered, my heart beating faster and faster with each second. I closed my eyes and his hand cupped my cheek, and I turned my head into it. His ring and my own both started to heat up.
"Stay with me." His breath snaked around my skin, sending goosebumps all over me.
"Don't lie and say you don't want to. I know exactly how you're feeling." His lips grazed my ear, and I leaned my whole weight against the wall as he slid his arm around my waist.
"Fred, stop." My breath was heavy as he placed kisses and bites on my neck.
"Make me." He chuckled into my skin, and I tried to push him away.
"Fred, someone is going to catch us." My knees were weak, and he was the only thing keeping me up. He opened the bathroom door with his free hand and pulled me in, pushing my body against the door and locking it.
"Be quiet." He bit my neck again, and it sent a small whimper out of my mouth.
"You look like Harry." I muttered, smiling at his outfit though I was a bit creeped out. He pulled the sweatshirt off without breaking contact with me, throwing it on the floor. The familiar feeling of me and Fred together eased me, and I melted into his touch. He picked me up, and I wrapped my legs around him as he placed me down on the sink.
"Fred." His name came out of my mouth as a moan as his kisses went deeper down my chest and he started to unbutton my shirt.
"You really can't be quiet, can you?" He whispered, and I pulled my wand out of the back of my skirt, waving it around quickly without making a sound.
"There, don't worry about it now." I let my instincts take over and I pulled him into me, kissing him deeply and eagerly as he pulled my shirt open finally. I slid it off my shoulders, tossing it on the floor along with his clothes. He pulled me off the counter, turning me around and bending me over. I felt every little movement he made against me, pulling my skirt up my waist, sliding my underwear down my legs and grabbing my hands to pin them behind my back.

When he was done, he pulled me back around to face him, going in for more hungry kisses.
"Stay with me." He begged again, and I was already exhausted. I couldn't say no to him.
"Just tonight." I buttoned my shirt back up, looking around the floor for my underwear. When I looked back at him, they were hanging off of his finger.
"Give them!" I reached out, but he pulled them out of my reach.
"I don't think you'll need them." He tucked them in his pocket, and I pulled my skirt down a bit further just in case. He slapped my ass before I opened the door, and I rubbed it as we walked to his room together.