twenty-two

When I got there, Harry and Hermione and Ron were pulling me away and we were sneaking into the ministry with some other students.
"Why am I here?" I questioned quietly as we snuck through the halls.
"You're powerful. We need that. We have to steal-" Ron started, but he was interrupted by Hermione.
"There's a prophecy in there that Voldemort cannot have." She stated, and we got to the final door. When it was opened by Harry, we could see rows and rows of glass orbes.

It was a while before we found the one we were looking for, which Neville pointed out. We were quickly ambushed by a group of death eaters, and I tried to hide behind the rest of the group to avoid being seen. Hexes and curses were sent flying all around us as we ran away, into a giant room with a rock like doorway in the center. We were broken up by the death eaters, each of them pulling one of us to them, holding their wands to our necks. Bellatrix quickly recognized me.
"What are you doing here." She hissed in my ear, sticking her wand further into my skin.
"Spying. Stop hurting me." I snarled back quietly, tugging away from her. She loosened her grip, but let go completely when a bunch of others aparated into the room. I saw my dad, standing in front of Harry, sending spells flying to protect him. He looked over at me as I ran away from the death eaters, and smiled.
"Nice one, James!" He called to Harry, not recognizing him as his godson. Instead, he mistook him for his dead best friend. It was like time slowed down, and his eyes focused back on what was happening in front of him, just long enough for a blinding green light to strike his chest.
"No!" Harry and I screamed at the same time, and Remus pulled Harry away from his godfather. I scrambled next to him before he was pulled away into the veil of the rock doorway, gone. I screamed away, grabbing my wand forcefully and turning to find Bellatrix. She pranced around, chanting ominous words.
"I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black!" She laughed, and I shot a spell at her as she retreated into a corner.
"You bitch!" I screamed at her, sending one of the worst curses her ways without thinking about it twice. Remus grabbed at my waist, pulling me backwards as I screamed in pain from what just happened.
"Let go of me!" I snarled at him, pushing him back as he looked astonished. I drew my wand up and pointed it at him.
"You brought him here! Didn't you?" I yelled at him, shoving him once more, tears streaming down my face.
"Octavia! Stop it! We have to go!" He begged but I shook my head, stepping back from them all as they stared at me.
"I hate you." I hissed, taking another step backwards.
"Octavia, stop it. We are family." Remus told me, reaching out to me. I pointed my wand at him once more.
"You are not any family of mine." I hit him with one final sentence, the worst of which I could tell him, before running back into the darkness.
"Bellatrix!" I called into the black, teasing her to come find me. She grabbed me and pulled me into a corner, shoving her wand in my neck again.
"You stupid, fowl, useless git!" I yelled at her.
"Shut up, brat. You know I wouldn't hesitate to kill you too." She said evilly, smile across her face as always.
"The Dark Lord wouldn't approve of that." I elbowed her stomach, and she backed away from me.
"He will be here any minute. I suggest you get out of here, unless you want to face his wrath." She shoved a bag into my hands before running off again. I looked down to see floo powder inside the back, and I quickly ran to find a fireplace before hopping inside and leaving the ministry.

When I returned to the front door of the manor, I didn't knock. I entered, causing Narcissa and Draco to look over at me. I was covered in dirt and blood, my previously clean dress now ruined.
"Oh dear, Octavia!" Narcissa got up to come to me, but Draco got there first.
"What happened?" He examined my face, touching the cuts lightly.
"Bellatrix killed my father." I deadpanned, forcing the emotions down instead of letting them out.
"What do you mean? What happened?" She took my shoulders.
"Your father," I looked at Draco for a second, "showed up and tried to get the prophecy from Harry and then Sirius and Remus and Tonks showed up, and Bellatrix murdered him." I explained slowly, trying to get it through her head.
"I'm so sorry." She brought me into a hug but I pulled away from her and shook my head, going upstairs to be alone.
"Octavia, wait!" Draco followed me into my room.
"Get out Draco. I want to be alone." I was monotone, and he knew I meant it.
"I can't do that, Via. You know I can't. You can't be alone." He cupped my cheeks like he had this morning.

This morning, everything was better. Everything was normal. I was living a normal life, one where I didn't want to kill anyone. Where it wasn't the only thing on my mind. Revenge.

I wanted to do horrible, horrible things to Bellatrix Lestrange. I wanted her to suffer, just like I was. I wanted her to feel the pain I felt when she took away my father.
"I have to take a bath." I looked at my dirty hands.
"Let me do it for you." He quickly took my hand and led me to his private bathroom, running a bath with lots of bubbles.
"I'll get you some clothes. Take your time." He shut the door and I stripped my clothes of, sinking into the hot water. I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin turned red from washing it. Draco knocked quietly on the door and I sunk further into the water, letting the bubbles cover me.
"Come in."
"Hey-" he quickly looked away from my body and set the clothes on the sink.
"I brought you these. Some of them are yours, some are mine. I can take your others and give them to one of the house elves." He looked at the ground.
"Can you stay in here?" I asked, just as he was about to leave.
"Stay?" He turned and asked. I nodded.
"You could take the bath with me." I played with the bubbles.
"Are you sure?" And I nodded again. He took his shirt off and I admired him before looking away as he took the rest of his clothes off. I slid forward, and he climbed behind me, putting a leg on either side of my body. I leaned back into him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist.
"You can cry." He said after a while.
"I mean, if you need to." He added. I laughed at him.
"Thank you, Draco." I stopped laughing when I thought about the situation I was in again. I brought my knees up to my chest, sitting up and away from Draco. He took the shampoo and dumped a bit on my head, massaging it into my scalp. I leaned into the water to rinse it out as he continued helping me.
"You want to get out now?" He asked me, but I leaned back into him once more.
"Not yet." I let the water and his touch soothe me before we got out together. He had gotten me underwear and a bra again, which embarrassed me less this time, and some of his pajamas. He led me to his bed, and we climbed in together, him on top of me.
"Let me make you feel better." He kissed my neck and once again, I was lost in him.