Race Against Time (Abscission Finale)

Start from the beginning

"Relax, it's just a doll. Jin oppa can fix it." She snickers at him.

He scoffs, laughing along.

"You're insane, Ruby Jane."

He unknowingly chuckles, remembering that scene.

This room was almost like it belonged to him too. Everything was familiar, from the ceiling to the floorboards. Usually when you're in someone else's room, you feel a little uncomfortable. But he always felt so safe and at home here.

But today it felt so empty. The whole house felt so empty. That's when he realized how big of a part Jin and Jennie played in his life. They were two precious people he wanted to have in his life forever.

And if he isn't too late... Hopefully he'll have her forever.

Walking around the room, he notices a strange envelope on her desk.

It had his name on it, so he knows he isn't prying into something he shouldn't be.

As he reads the letter, he could feel his heart wretch with each word she's written.

To my Taehyung,

I still remember the first time I saw your face. Brightly lit eyes and a summer sweet smile, playing in the mud while the other kids stared at you in disgust. And even though I just got a pretty new dress, I decided to join in your fun. Funny how that started everything we have. Though, I don't remember when I got these feelings. Was it when you caught me from falling off the swings? Or when you wiped the excess ice cream from my mouth? When you kissed my knee when I scraped it? I don't remember because I think I've always loved you. From the day I saw you in that messy puddle to the last day I will breathe. I love you, God, I love you so, so, so, much. But love always require sacrifices. And love doesn't lie. So I'm done lying. Taehyung, I'm writing this to you because... I don't have much time left. I can feel myself getting weaker everyday. But when I see you... I feel like everything's okay, that I'm gonna be okay. I have hanahaki. I'm pretty sure I've explained it to you. You know the memo, hehe. If you see this, I'm probably already dead or dying in a hospital bed. I've always heard love kills. I just never thought it was actually real.
I just... I want to thank you. Thank you for everything. From the start to the, well... end. Even though things turned out this way, I would never trade it for the world. All the pain was worth it. It was worth every smile you gave me, every laugh we shared, every heartbreak we went through, and every single time I looked into your eyes. Those eyes.. I will never forget them. You are worth everything. Because I love you. I always will. When I go, please move on. Find a girl who will love you more than they love the world. Make her breakfast, bingewatch Mulan and To All The Boys, make her a fort, and kiss her goodnight. Find someone who can be with you forever. Find someone who can love you like I loved you.
Take care of Jin oppa, he's a big softie :P. And look after Cheongugi! Be a good dad. Take care of Blackpink, BTS, Irene, Seulgi, Sooyoung, Nayeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung. And add Kai as well. I love and adore you all so much.

Especially you, Taetae. You mean more than the universe to me.

Wo Aini, Aishiteru, Saranghae, Ti Amo, Mahal kita... I'll say it in any language just for you to understand that-

I love you.

Forever and Always,
Your Ruby Jane.♡

Without a single thought, he grabbed the keys, and dashed for the door, petting Cheongug on the way.

He ran to his car, spamming Jin as he starts the engine.

As he was panicking, driving away from the neighborhood, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.