Ruby

Taehyung wakes up to a bright light and a mild headache.

His fever was still present.

He realized it was a school day and panicked.

Checking the time, his heart sank to the bottom.

I'm two hours late.

Cupping his head, he went to the fridge for some water.

Upon reaching the fridge, he finds a small pink sticky note attached on the handle.

"Koomorning Taehyungie, I didn't wake you up for school anymore since you still had a fever. I called your mom yesterday, she won't be home til the weekend because of some business errands so you'll crash here! Don't snoop into my stuff or I'll whoop yo as-"

He smiles at the cuteness of the letter.

"Mom's out again." He sighed, sitting down on the couch again.

Taehyung decided to make some pancakes.

And snoop into his best friend's stuff.

Meanwhile in school...

"Hey Sehun!" Jennie called out.

"Oh hey, what's up Kim! I heard the other Kim got sick. Such a shame, he was supposed to join us later." Sehun sighed.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jennie's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, he didn't tell you? We have a basketball game tonight. Us vs another team." Sehun said.

"Sweet! Maybe if his fever goes down he can be able to join."

"Alright you go girl." Sehun says in a girly tone before patting her back and leaving.

"Oh Sehun. Such a clown." Jennie snickered.

Jennie's day went on as usual. Except without Jeonghee bothering her. These days, well... she's been rather quiet. Her once flashy and bold clothes were more reserved the past few days. She seems to be focused on something more important than her looks. I guess that made Jennie lessen her hatred towards her.

Kai was absent today. No one knows why, except maybe Suho, who wouldn't tell.

Jennie shook her thoughts off before heading to her next class.

11:58
Kim Residence

"Oh crap." Taehyung flinches as the boiling hot tomato sauce touches his skin. He had decided to make some spaghetti for himself with the remaining stock knowledge he has from his Jin hyung's basic cooking lesson.

*ring ring ring*

"Yello?"

"Yo, Kim, are you still up for the game tonight? Or is your ass too sick?"

"Shut up Chanyeol." He laughed.

"I'll see. 8:30 right?"

"Yeop. Should I tell-"

"Geez Park, just- No." Taehyung sighed, his back resting on the cupboard.

"Alright. But you barely talk to your mom, I'm sure she'd love to see you play."

"Yeol, she's at work. And I don't talk to her cus I barely see her. She's always at work anyway."