40: Closer to the truth

Start from the beginning

"Jungkook" Her voice trailed off in astonishment at what decorated the surfaces. "There's drawings here"

"Drawings?"

Jungkook asked in shock, running to see for himself what Hani was talking about.

"There's a wolf here. Moon, stars." Her fingers softly touched the engravings, as if that made her understand them better. "I think it's telling a story"

"A story?"

"Yes, look" Hani said excitedly, redrawing the image of the moon with her fingers. "This is a full moon. These are the stars. And there is a wolf under them"

Jungkook saw it. The circle surrounded by the little crosses that tried to mimic the stars. It was oddly similar to Hani's mark, the only difference being that Hani's mark had a crescent moon. Two arrows connected the moon and the stars with a wolf that was placed under them. Hani naturally moved alongside the wall, her eyes following the engravings that continued on. A "U" upside down figure, which resembled a cave shielding the wolf... was that the cave that they were in, right now? Both Hani's and Jungkook's figures trailed the images as they passed through them feeling incredibly drawn to them. The once lonely wolf was not anymore, he was surrounded by many others like him. He was depicted standing on top of a big rock, looking at the moon that was full above him. Images of their life in the pack were represented. Their battles, their losses, their wins. Jungkook recognized the next scenes and Hani did too. They both had heard about it from Jinsang. It was the wolves being hunted down by others of the same kind, but far more different from them. Then, the wolves seemed to be leaving each other behind. That was the last scene on the rocky wall. The story ended there. Jungkook and Hani shared a look between each other, both of their hands still lingering on top on the engravings.

Hani had always been an adventurer. One that couldn't give up, refused to leave a story unfinished. Her eyes landed on the piece of ivy that had grew on the wall. She got reminded of what the ivy had hidden at the entrance of the cave and an idea popped on her head. Surprising Jungkook, she ripped the ivy from the wall. Hani had been right. The story did not end there. Carved exactly like the first image Jungkook and Hani had seen, another one laid in front of them. This one, however, had two wolves. An arrow connecting the moon to a dark wolf and another arrow connecting a lighter colored wolf to the stars. Hani scrunched her eyebrows in confusion, wondering why did these two particular wolves had color when the others didn't. The others had just been carved into the rocky surface but these ones had been colored, decorated. One in white and the other in black.

"Hani"

The Alpha's voice was laced with confusion; a very noticeable tone of nervousness was in it. Hani turned around to face him, her hand right on top of the white wolf. Jungkook's eyes were glued to the engraving in front of them, his eyes stared at it agape in shock. Seeing him like that, made Hani's heart waver in her chest. She grew nervous as well. A weird feeling swirled in the air. The same feeling that runs through your veins when you feel like something big is about to happen. As if something is about to change your life, drastically.

"What color..." Jungkook's eyes met hers; both of them were nervous. "What color is your wolf?"

Hani looked back at where her hand still remained - covering the white wolf. Softly, she removed her hand away and that's when realization hit her. She looked back at Jungkook; her eyes wide open.

"W-white" Hani said, disbelief flowing out of her mouth. "My wolf is white"

Jungkook's hand reached out to touch the black wolf in the wall of the cave. He trailed its figure slowly. He closed his eyes for a second, trying to convince himself he was overthinking it. But he was sure of it. God, he could feel that he was right about it. He just knew. It made perfect sense in his heart and in his mind. The Alpha glanced at Hani once he felt her pinky delicately touch his hand. Hani was doing the exact same thing as him. Her eyes were glued to the white wolf on the wall, a certain magical aura coming from her. At that moment, Jungkook gazed at them as if he was a third person in the room. Everything became crystal clear, or at least, some of it became in his eyes.