Chapter Thirty Three.

            I wanted to do something special with her for our last night in Canada before we left for Barcelona tomorrow morning. My parents knew where I was taking her for the night but she certainly didn’t and I couldn’t help but laugh when she was trying to figure out what to wear because she wouldn’t have to worry about that. Once we got there she’d completely understand.

            “I really don’t like surprises.” She said. “You know that.”

            “I know you don’t but this is a good surprise I promise. Did you pack your bag baby?”

            “Yeah it’s in the back of the truck, which I also don’t understand why we took your dad’s truck instead of my car. We haven’t driven it in forever.”

            “Well that’s because someone refused to keep it after… well, you know.”

            “Whatever. I’m just confused is all and this truck is flipping huge. I feel like you’re going to crash.”

            “Baby, would you calm down? You are going to love it. Just wait until we get there.”

-------- 

            And when we got there she was still confused. I drove my dad’s truck up to a huge area of grass that overlooked the mountains. She didn’t know what to say because she probably didn’t piece it together yet but I couldn’t think of a better way to spend our last night in Canada together than this. I never got a chance to show her my favorite spot and this was it.

            “Wow.” She said as she remained in the car. “This is gorgeous.”

            “My parents and I used to come here when I was a kid to go camping. We’d pitch our own tent and everything but I don’t think you’ve ever been camping so I decided I’d take it easy on you for the first time. That’s why I brought my dad’s truck.”

            “So are we-“

            “Sleeping here? We don’t have to. That’s up to you but I was just thinking that we could have a relaxing night for once in our lives before the tour starts back up tomorrow.”

            “You are incredible Justin.”

            She said it so quickly I almost didn’t hear her because I was getting out of the truck but I paused and sent her a smile. I wanted to do this because I just wanted to get a night alone with her before we have to be around everything again. When we were around the fame and around a bunch of people it seemed like we always got into a fight but when we were alone we were the happiest we ever could be. I wanted to keep it that way because no way in hell would I ever lose her again.

            Opening up the backseat, I retrieved the comforter I had hidden underneath the seat along with a couple of pillows and tossed them into the bed of the truck so I could set everything up. She stood there with a smirk on her face as I fluffed a pillow and made sure the comforter would cover everything so she wouldn’t get dirty.

            “Oh, almost forgot.”

            Then I grabbed a picnic basket and jumped back up, instructing with my hands for her to join me, my arms coming around her waist so I could hoist her up. It was so damn beautiful out here with the sun setting and even though it was cold out I brought a bunch of things to keep us warm and she started to laugh when she put on some mittens and shook her head in disbelief almost.