Chapter Twenty Six.

Chapter Twenty Six. 

             I can’t sleep.

            My body was huddled in the comforter and as Justin’s hands were around my waist I felt like I would puke… again.

            Nothing was making sense to me right now and even though I’ve been up for another two hours and it’s almost seven in the morning I’m still confused. How the hell could we have been so careless and reckless and not think about the consequences that would happen? We literally just got back together again and all we do is fight twenty four seven and now we have to have this shit thrown on us?

            I felt like my heart was beating completely out of my chest and my hands were sweaty and I felt so nauseous and so disoriented that I wanted to go back to sleep but I couldn’t because I was scared out of my right mind. I was late by two weeks now and I’m just now noticing this. He always wore a condom but there were times when he didn’t. I should have made him put one on because now here I am, most likely pregnant, and we were nowhere near ready to welcome a child into this world.

            Justin stirred and I prayed to God he didn’t wake up because if he did I most likely wouldn’t be able to hide it from him. I didn’t want to tell him yet because if I did then it’d make him go into protective mode and I didn’t need it. He would probably be happy about it while I on the other hand was not. We haven’t even been back together for two damn months yet. God, what were we thinking?

            “Sophia? Are you up?”

            It amazed me that even when I was turned onto my side he knew that I wasn’t sleeping but I rolled over onto my other one so I could look at him and hopefully he didn’t notice that I cried like lunatic in the bathroom early this morning after I threw up. I was literally a wreck right now.

            “Yeah I’m up.”

            “Well it’s early baby, go back to sleep.”

            And then his fingers brushed a couple of strands away from my face and my eyes fluttered shut from the feeling, me moving closer to him as he kissed my forehead so I could be against his chest. I just wish I didn’t have to be pregnant right now because what would the media think? What would everyone else think? Or even worse, would it be a successful pregnancy?

            “I can’t.” I whispered. “I don’t feel good.”

            That seemed to capture his attention because before I knew it he was sitting up in bed and looking down at me to try and analyze my figure, I’m guessing to see if he could figure out what was wrong. He couldn’t, though. I wasn’t going to tell him yet because I wasn’t ready to say it.

            “What’s going on? Are you getting your period?”

             I wish.

            “I don’t know. My stomach just hurts.”

            “Aw, babe. I’m sorry.” He soothed, stroking the top of my head. “How about you just try to get some sleep for me baby? Our flight leaves at two so you have time to get some rest.”

--------- 

             “Soph.” He whispered, nudging me awake.