Chapter Twenty-Two.

Chapter Twenty-Two. 

            My head was pounding. It felt like one thousand bricks just slammed onto my head all at once as I rolled over in bed and closed my eyes shut tightly from the incoming light through the window. It was probably way too early for me to be up right now but when I went to cuddle up to Sophia she wasn’t there. All I felt were empty blankets so I then came to the conclusion that she must be in the bathroom and got out of bed despite every bone in my body aching and opened up the door but she wasn’t in there either.

            My anxiety was itching to come out right now but I tried to hold it back and took some deep breaths as I double checked the bed to make sure she wasn’t in there before wandering out into the kitchen. It was empty.

            What the hell happened last night? I don’t remember one single thing except taking my fourth shot with Khalil. All that was processing right now was that she wasn’t in that damn bed with me and she was nowhere to be found. It was unlike her to just not tell me where she was going but maybe she did tell me last night and I just don’t remember. Maybe she told Khalil too.

            I darted into my room and slid a pair of sweatpants along with a t-shirt on and didn’t even bother to put shoes on as I took the elevator down to the floor below me and knocked on his door. I was praying to god she told him something because she could literally be anywhere in Germany.

            Khalil answered the door and as I was about to ask him where she was my eyes looked behind him to see the couch occupied with her on it, sleeping with a blanket on top of her. I didn’t know what to think. All I did was clench my fists until he put his hands up and immediately shook his head no.

            “Bro it’s not what it looks like.” He said. “We didn’t sleep together I swear. You-“

            “What the hell is it then?” I seethed. “What I’m seeing is my girlfriend in the tightest fucking pajama shorts on your couch when our room is perfectly fine to sleep in. That’s my girlfriend man, what the hell are you thinking?”

            “Justin, chill! The only reason she’s here is because you’re an asshole man. She didn’t want to sleep in your room last night because she was scared of you.”

            Shit.

            I don’t remember anything from last night but I guess it explains why she’s in here. Not an ounce of me wants to know what I said or what I did but I can guarantee it was horrible if she didn’t even want to be in the same proximity of me last night. Why do I always hurt her?

            Letting out a loud sigh, I shoved my hands into the pocket of my sweatpants and looked at her sleeping peacefully. She looked uncomfortable and all I wanted to do was apologize even though she probably wanted nothing to do with me right now. We had such a good day yesterday and now once again, we’re right back to where we started and it was all because of me.

            “What did I say?” I asked.

            “What didn’t you say? You were calling her a whore and you brought up Jace and god, you were a dick man.”

            “A whore? Are you sure I said that?”

            “I was right there Justin and yes, you did. I mean I just don’t understand you sometimes man. You were a wreck when she left you and you finally have her back and you’re still treating her like shit. It’s like you want to lose her again or something.”