Chapter Forty Two.

Chapter Forty Two. 

            I haven’t spoken to him since I got the phone call this morning. Getting a phone call to tell you that yes, your boyfriend gave you chlamydia, made me sick to my stomach and I felt like throwing up again and when Dr. Fargo stopped by to give Justin and I antibiotics I was red in the face the entire time. He probably thought I was disgusting or something for sleeping with someone that had a flipping STD.

            I probably shouldn’t be as mad as I am considering I knew he slept with other people and I should have known this could have been one of the consequences but when I found out that this could possibly have an affect on the baby I was so beyond pissed that I couldn’t even look at him. Even though the ultrasound came out fine and even though we heard our baby’s heartbeat for the first time I was hurt. So beyond hurt I couldn’t describe my pain to anyone.

            “Hey I brought you some lunch.”

            For the past two hours since the doctor’s been gone I’ve been lying in bed because that’s what I was told to do and didn’t even look his way when he brought over a home made sandwich with some chips. The fact that he actually made me lunch when he hardly ever cooks made me hate him a little less right now. Not a lot, but a little.

            He set the plate of food in front of me on the comforter and continued to stand there for a couple of seconds to see if I’d say something to him but I didn’t even know what to say.

            “When are you going to talk to me?” He asked. “It’s not like I knew I’d catch something Sophia. I didn’t do this to you on purpose.”

            “Justin it’s the fact that you flipping had sex with other people, okay? That’s what’s bothering me and I know I said I forgave you but god, really? You slept with someone that had an STD? We’re lucky this isn’t permanent Justin. We’re lucky it wasn’t HIV for fucks sake.”

            “Sophia shut up about it already! I didn’t know!”

            Then I kind of just stared at him and looked down at the plate of food he had made me, beginning to get even angrier with every second I sat here. I was pissed at how he was treating me right now and I was even more pissed at the fact that he still hadn’t apologized.

            “Justin have you slept with someone else since we’ve been together?”

            My fear was let out all at once, the words tumbling out of my mouth before I could stop them. That was my fear and I know I should be past this but I’m not. He could cheat on me at any possible second and when his eyes narrowed in my direction I knew I had just set him off even more.

            “Are you fucking serious? I haven’t slept with anyone but you since we’ve been together! I can’t believe you’re even asking that right now.”

            “Why wouldn’t I ask it?!” I screamed. “YOU ACT LIKE YOU’VE BEEN THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE DAMN WORLD TO ME WHEN THIS WOULDN’T BE THE FIRST TIME IT’S HAPPENED. DON’T YOU GET THAT?”

            “AND LOOK AT YOU SOPHIA! IT WOULDN’T BE THE FIRST TIME YOU’VE DONE THAT EITHER. DOES JACE NOT RING A BELL? DOES HE JUST ESCAPE YOUR MEMORY WHEN YOU TRY TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE? STOP BEING A DAMN HYPOCRITE ALL THE TIME!”

            Now he was standing and now I was shaking from how angry I am, watching him as he began to pace and continuing to listen to his rant.