I turned back to him trying to look at his face even though the sun was shining right in my eyes,"I don't know ... I don't think I should. I really can't accept this ... and I could never repay you."

He stomped his feet in annoyance, and tilted his head to the side,"Well if what you're worried about is repaying me ... then we can sort that out right now."

Now it was my turn to tilt my head to match his gaze,"Really? How? I don't have much money."

He smiled again and his voice turned to a higher pitch,"No you silly girl, I don't want money. I already have too much ... how else do you think I'm happy with giving away this expensive bicycle to you?"

I shrugged and mumbled after a moment," ... Oh you actually want me to answer? Umm ... Idontknow."

He stared at me for a short second and then sat on the small seat behind the main seat,"Well ... you can repay me by taking me to wherever you work and serve me there. What do you think?"

He patted the front seat, and I hopped on over. I adjusted myself on the seat and prepared to ride it. I tied my hair in a pony as I anxiously spoke,"Sounds good to me."

I started to ride it carrying both our weights, but then I remembered something. I stopped and bravely spoke my next words,"Well? Aren't you gonna hold on to me? I can't have you falling on my watch."

He quietly snaked his long hands around my waist without a sound. He was usually very chatty but the fact that he said nothing caused me to turn around and take a look at his face.

Just as quickly as I turned to look at him, was just as quick as I turned back to face the front. I smiled as I breathed out,"Are you blushing? I've never seen you so red and sweaty."

His hands tensed around my waist as he quickly yelled out,"What?! No?! No I wasn't ... I'm just ... Uhhh ... I'm scared you can't carry both our weights."

I remembered one other thing. So I enveloped my fingers around his and pulled his hands further around my waist. I let them linger there for just a second longer than they should have, and spoke again,"You weren't holding on tight enough."

I quickly swivelled around to see his face again to catch his reaction. He was even red than before and he looked startled to see my face as he turned to look to the side,"Hey ... stop doing that."

I playfully sang the words,"Okay." Then I rode with all my strength carrying us both.

We got a lot of prolonged stares from the eyes of anyone we passed by. The elders seemed to actually smile when they saw a girl carrying a boy on a bike. Other young girls giggled cutely as we whizzed past them. Young boys clapped and cheered for us as we made our way through them. Fathers, sitting in the little cafes outside, encouraged me with delightful words, at the sight of me sweating and struggling to push forward with that boys weight behind me. Mothers laughed sweetly at the dear young boy flashing his boxy smile at each passing woman.

I felt something ... happiness.

シシシシシシシ

TAE'S POV:

We had finally come to a stop. As she struggled to calm her breathing, I stayed on the bike with my hands still around her waist. Only reluctantly did I let go when I realised how hard she was breathing.