Chapter 41

"I was born into a very complicated family." Jacob started speaking. "Todd's mum and my dad are siblings hence, why we are related. We grew up together in the same neighborhood since they had this obsession of staying close. But, what my mum and his dad didn't know was that the people they had both married were not who they thought they were..."

"... I was only nine years old when my father gave me this scar. I still remember everything vividly well and how I screamed and begged for him to stop. But, you know what he told me when he dragged me into the basement and tied me on the table?" He asked.

"Some bullshit nonsense as usual," Todd replied.

"Exactly," Jacob confirmed. "He said he was going to make me clean, so I can be able to carry out my mission of eradicating the evil in this world."

He continued. "As a child, I felt all he was doing to me was hurting me, and so I made so many movements during his ritual, screaming and calling out for help but no one came to my aid. Fortunately for me, my mum wasn't feeling too well at work, and she had to come back home early. Imagine her shock when she found out that her husband was trying to kill her son in the name of cleansing the world? She was able to call the Cops and my dad was sent to the asylum. I woke up the next day in the hospital with this ugly mistake of a scar and the news that my father had an intermittent explosive disorder."

"That's one hell of a scary story," Clara said as she trembled from the effect it had on her.

"That's just the beginning of it," Todd said.
"My mum was also diagnosed with a psychiatric problem when I was little. But that was after, Jacob and his mum left the town and moved here and his mum got married to Mr Madison. I was left alone in our town attending a school where I became the subject of a bully by everyone due to the fact that my mother had dementia and hardly remembers my face..."

"... She would always pursue me away from the house when I came back from school, claiming that I wasn't her son, and she only had a daughter which was my younger sister. I hated the both of them and my father, I hated more. He would always tell me to avoid letting my mum catch sight of me and finally, I was sent to a boarding school."

Todd continued, his expression filled with anger and hatred towards his parents. "At first, I was a bit mad at them for sending me to that boarding school because it didn't stop the bullying from my schoolmates on me. You get to see so many ugly souls, pretenders who call themselves friends, bitches who call themselves the top queens in the school, bullies and so many more. It was hell for me but, it all ended on that faithful day."

"What day?" Sarah asked.

"The day we heard the voice," They both answered in unison.

"Voice? What voice?" Clara asked.

"The voice that brought us out of our sorrow," Todd answered.

"It soothed our pain and told us what to do," Jacob explained.

"And...what was that?" Sarah asked as her eyes caught sight of Adrian trying to pick the lock which was keeping his hands tied to the wall. So, that was his aim of making them tell their story, Sarah thought. He was going to use that as a distraction to free himself.

Smart move, dumb ass! Sarah applauded him with a smile inwardly.

"To get rid of the source of the pain," Jacob stated the obvious drawing Sarah's attention back towards him.

"What did both of you do?" Clara inquired, shivering in fear at the thought of the possible actions that might have carried out to rid the source of their pain, as they claimed.