Chapter 39

"You're a twin?" Clara and Sarah asked in unison

"Hello, brother!" Todd greeted from behind both of them.

"What's the meaning of this Todd? I told you to ensure she stays in that room." his brother scolded him.

"Your little princess here was being naughty, so I had to teach her a lesson. Moreover, I thought you would be glad that I brought her to see you." Todd replied nonchalantly.

"That's not the point here." his brother gritted out.

"Exactly," Sarah shouted, throwing her hands up in frustration."You both had better explain what's going on here." She demanded as she looked from Todd to his brother and then back to Todd.

"Are you guys twins or this is just an illusion?" Clara asked.

"You are more stupid than I thought," Todd answered Clara with an eye roll. "Isn't it quite obvious and here you are asking the most stupid question that one would ever think of."

"That's enough." his brother commanded.

"Since it has gotten this far, they deserve to know what's going on," he said to Todd.

"Yes, we do" Sarah pitched in.

"Yeah, you do because you won't live to tell the tale," Todd stated with a maniac smile towards Sarah.

"You don't seriously mean that?'' Clara asked but got no reply from both of them. "You can't be serious right?'' she asked again.

"As I said earlier, you're the dumbest person I have ever met," Todd answered with a smack of his lips.

"What to say, little Clara. Dead men tell no tales." Todd's brother replied.

Sensing that they were both dead serious on keeping with their threat, Clara ran towards Sarah and held her hands. Todd had actually let go of her the moment they all found out that he had a twin brother.

Sarah kept quiet during the whole altercation, watching and calculating her next move. If truly Todd had a twin brother, then his dad would have brought him over during the dinner at her place the day before. That left her with only two possible explanations for the situation. This twin was either a phoney or Jared was a liar.

"Who are you?" Sarah asked again giving rise to all heads in the room to glance in her direction.

"What do you mean?" Todd questioned. "Are you also dumb and stupid as your friend here?"

"Would you just shut up and let him answer my question," Sarah shouted. She has had enough of being played and made a fool by both of them.

"Did you just raise your voice at me?" Todd asked making the temperature in the room to drop by a few degrees.

"Let it go." his brother said from across the room. Todd snapped his head towards his brother and gave him a questioning look on his seriousness at the moment. His brother replied with a nod of his head making him back down but not before giving Sarah a deadly glare.

"I see you are very observant. You never disappoint me Sarah and that's why I was smitten the very first moment I laid eyes on you." Todd's brother confessed to making Sarah gag inwardly.

"Sorry about that, but she's taken," Adrian muttered low enough for nobody to hear but the whole room actually heard him resulting in him getting a punch to his stomach from Todd's brother.

"That's enough! You would kill him if you keep beating him up like that!" Sarah exclaimed.

"What do you see in this weakling that you care so much about him? He can't even stand up to a punch!" Todd's brother complained.

"Would you be saying that if you were the one who was being chained to a wall, beaten and bruised? Just cut the crap and tell me who you really are because you are nothing but a coward!" Sarah answered.

"Sarah, I don't think you should be provoking him right now," Clara whispered from behind her.

"To hell with that. I'm tired of all these mind games. Just tell me who the fuck you are," Sarah shouted the more.

"Swearing are we?'' Todd's brother replied nonchalantly. All Sarah's shouts and screams didn't have any effect on him because he was still relaxed with an evil smirk dancing along his face. "Since you are so eager to know who I am, then allow me to introduce myself properly." He said, raising his hands to his head and removed the facial mask he was putting on that made him look like Todd.

There were gasps from every corner of the room apart from Todd after the face reveal. They all couldn't believe he had been the one behind all the killings. How could he still be alive? They all wondered.

"Jacob!" the three of them exclaimed in unison.

"How are you still alive?" Clara asked.

"You've been putting on a mask?" Adrian asked.

"Why?" Sarah asked.

But, the only reply they all got was an evil smirk from Jacob and a chuckle from Todd.