Chapter 8

*Edited

*Edited

The door being knocked was enough to knock excitement into Sarah.

Here goes my first date with Adrian, no less, she whispered as she took another look in the mirror, giving a final glance to her outfit, a white chiffon shirt paired with ripped jeans.

Sarah opened the door and there he stood, wearing a black shirt, blue jeans with black Vans. She couldn't manage to take her eyes off of him, standing there admiring him for who-knows-how-long.

"You don't have to make checking me out so obvious," Adrian chuckled while his date rolled her eyes at his usual confidence. "Ready to leave?" he asked, returning the favour, checking her out from head to toe.

Sarah felt butterflies taking over her at his look. "Yes," she managed to say as she stepped out of the house, locking the door behind her. Soon they were in his car, and he drove into the night/, headed for their destination.

"Where are we going?" Sarah asked curiously, after a while.

"You'll know when we get there."

"Aw, come on, I don't like surprises. Please, tell me where we're going?" she pushed on, but Adrian refused to answer. Sarah sat back in her seat, defeated.

When they arrived, she was simply blown away by how beautiful the restaurant was. She admired the building, almost forgetting they were supposed to head in. The shape of the building was like that of the musical staff note, G clef.

Adrian leaned closer to her and whispered in her ear causing her to shudder at their proximity. "I know it's beautiful, but wait until you discover the inside," he said, holding her hand and leading her into the restaurant.

The interior of the restaurant was elegant, almost breathtaking. Sarah tried not to make such a scene as she fawned silently over the intricate designs. There were musical notes written on the wall, and the spiral stairs had black and white piano keys painted on them. Even the chairs were of different shapes of musical instruments. Sarah thought they looked lovely.

"This is gorgeous!" Sarah whisper-yelled, looking around with joy, "Whoever thought about these designs must be a music lover, and it's just wonderful," she continued.

Adrian stood beside her, watching as she took in the view. He was glad she loved the place, and he couldn't help finding her amazed expression endearing. "Let's take a seat first, then you can continue admiring the designs," he suggested.

The moment they sat down, Adrian said, "They have delicious chocolate cake and Mac and Cheese here," winking at Sarah.

"I can't wait to try it. I'm starving."

Sarah had only taken a glass of iced chocolate during breakfast, since she was too excited when she woke up, forgetting to eat properly.

A waiter approached them to take their orders. He turned towards Sarah, asking her what she would like to order. Glancing at the menu, Sarah decided to go with what Adrian had recommended, "Molten chocolate cake with caramel ice cream please," while Adrian ordered a fried chicken sandwich and a light coke. After a while, their orders arrived.

"This is heavenly," Sarah said, swallowing her first bite of the cake.

Adrian chuckled, "I told you so."

"I'm glad I went with your idea. If not, I wouldn't have tasted this. It's food for gods." Sarah spooned another mouthful of cake. She let out a moan as soon as the cool taste of the ice cream was in contact with her taste buds, causing Adrian to look up from his dish.

"Stop making those sounds, buttercup. You're going to kill someone."

Sarah glanced around confusedly, trying to see if anyone was suffering near her, but then Adrian started laughing. "What?" she pouted her lips.

"It's-"

"Sir, you didn't tell us you would be coming here today," the manager of the restaurant said as he reached their table, making Adrian stop mid-sentence.

Adrian replied, "It's no problem Gusto, I don't have to."

"I know that, but we would have prepared something special for you," Gusto continued

"I'm enjoying myself, actually. You can leave and attend to the other customers now," Adrian stated firmly, dismissing him.

As soon as the manager left their table, Sarah questioned, "Hope it isn't what I'm thinking it is?"

"Sorry to disappoint, but you might want to hold on to that thought for a while."

After they finished their dinner, he drove her straight home. "Thanks for taking me out. It was lovely," Sarah told him as he walked her to the front door of her house.

"No problem, buttercup. I had so much fun." Adrian smiled at her.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah..." he said, putting his hands in his pockets and rocking his heels back and forth. She turned around to open the door, and he suddenly called, "Sarah?"

"Yes?" she turned back towards him. Then he took a step closer and kissed her briefly on the cheeks.

"Goodnight."

~ ~ ~

"Bitch, how was your date?" Clara asked Sarah, leaning against her locker as Sarah put her books back into hers.

"Uh, it was nice," she said, shrugging her shoulders like it didn't matter.

"It was nice? That's all you have to say? Girl, I want details, so start spilling."

"Alright, calm down. He was sweet and nice, he took me to this restaurant which I found out that he owned, we talked about ourselves, and we shared ideas. Then he dropped me home, and we kissed-"

"What, you guys kissed?" Clara screamed while Sarah covered her friend's mouth before she could draw any more attention.

"Not what you think. He just kissed me on the cheek and said goodnight."

"Are you serious? Seems new boy got his eyes on you, huh? Big time? Wait, I thought he was new here. How come he owns a restaurant already?"

"Uh, I dunno. I guess his parents are filthy rich."

The bell went off then, and they went their separate ways to their classes.