Chapter 2

*Edited

*Edited

Sarah tossed and turned in her bed the entire night. She couldn't sleep; she was on edge after finding out about one of her schoolmates' deaths.

So many thoughts were running through her mind. What could have been the major reason for the killer to stab Lisa fourteen times? Was the killer within their school grounds or was Lisa just a victim of a random psychopath?

She didn't know which one to believe because neither of them sounded reasonable. The town in which she lived had never had a case like this before. The only serious thing that had happened in the town was a storm which had caused many accidents and destruction of property. Till this day, the locals always envisaged an upcoming storm in the town as a bad omen.

But, this was different. According to the announcement made by their principal, the police deemed it a homicide case and asked that every student be careful. Was this incident going to change the way things were already? Sarah was highly disturbed and she prayed that morning comes quickly. Her bedside alarm rang after what seemed like forever, and she got up from the bed, itching to do something other than sleep. She hurried through her morning routine and sat down on the edge of her bed to check her phone.

Her mum had already left for the morning shift at the hospital. She worked as a nurse in the towns' hospital. Sarah knew that being a single parent wasn't easy but she appreciated the effort her mum puts in place to cater to every of her needs. Though her job didn't permit her to spend enough time with her daughter, Sarah was happy for the little time they always spent with each other. Her dad died when she was just six years old and since then, her mum had taken that position in her life. Although it doesn't seem like the real deal and sometimes she misses him, she doesn't have the power to raise the dead.

Sarah looked up when she heard the dull thud of the front door closing. Did mum forget something? She wondered.

Sarah left her phone on the bed and stepped into the hall, but nobody was there. Deciding that her mum had already left again, she went to get a cup of water and made her way back to her room. She had barely turned on her phone before she was interrupted again by the front door, a knock this time.

Grunting to herself and wondering who it was, she stared at her phone while going to the front door.

"Hi, what do you w-" Sarah looked up to see nobody again. "Hello?" she called out once more, reaching the lawn, but there was no reply.

Her phone buzzed in her hand, catching her attention.

As she read the text, Sarah's eyes widened in fear. She ran back into the house, locking the doors and calling Clara, terrified of what might happen.