Chapter 21

*Edited

*Edited

At precisely eight in the evening, Adrian rang the doorbell at Sarah's house. Unlike her previous date with Adrian, she wasn't at all excited about having this one with him. But, when she unlocked the door and saw him standing in front of her looking gorgeously handsome in brown chino and black shirt of which he drew the sleeves up to show his incredible biceps, all thoughts of him being the killer went out the window.

His black hair was beautifully styled, and she had to resist the urge of running her hands through it to arrange the strand that had escaped from the rest. Adrian smiled within him as he noticed that she was checking him out. He was glad that he had an effect on her and the feeling was mutual.

Adrian couldn't believe that the person who stood before him was Sarah. She was putting on a black gown that clung to her body showing her curves which she always hid under the baggy tees and jeans she wore. The gown was provocatively above her knees and close to mid-thigh.

"Like what you see?" She teased.

"Absolutely," Adrian whistled making Sarah let out a low chuckle.

"So, are you just going to keep standing there or you're going to come inside?" She asked.

Her question caused Adrian to stop his mission of accessing her, and he followed her into the house.

"I would just go get my shoe and purse, and then we can leave," Sarah announced, to which Adrian replied with a nod.

As Sarah made her way upstairs to her room to get what she needed, Adrian took to admiring the interiors of her house. It was beautifully decorated and had a feminine touch to it. There were pictures of her and her parents lined on the wall. With a closer look, he could see that Sarah had a striking resemblance with her mum but her skin tone and eye colour were that of her dad. He wondered where her parents were since they weren't at home. He also noticed that she was the only child of her parents which he found interesting.

The sound of footsteps coming down from the stairs made him tilt his head backwards, and he was amazed at what he saw. Standing before him was Sarah on a three-inch red-heeled sandal which made her legs looked longer. Her face had little makeup on it and the red lipstick she was wearing made her lips full and looked kissable.

What the hell am I thinking? Adrian reprimanded himself as he walked towards her.

Sarah observed Adrian as he navigated his way towards her. She stood at the footing of the stairs, nervous about how she looked. The scowl on Adrian's face didn't go unnoticed by her, and she wondered if she might have overdone her makeup. She wasn't used to putting on makeup because Clara was the one who helped her with that. It wouldn't be a surprise if she might have overdone it, thereby being the result of the scowl on Adrian's face.

What happened to be careful about him? Sarah wondered. She was being conscious of her looks around him instead of increasing her guard.

You shouldn't be trusting him, her inner voice reminded her but the warning was ignored as Adrian placed his hands on her hair and removed the clip which held it up. Her hair surged down like a bird that had been freed from its cage, and she didn't miss the smile that replaced the scowl on Adrian's face.

She was startled by his action, but his excuse made her dumbfounded. "You look lovelier with your hair down," he smiled.

'T-thanks," Sarah stuttered. She couldn't believe that was her voice because it sounded raspy. His hands were soft and his touch and smile were confusing her hormones. She knew within her that she wasn't supposed to trust him, but she couldn't deny the strong effect he had on her. She found herself unconditionally drawn towards him.

"No need to thank me, love," Adrian replied making Sarah bite down on her lips to hide the blush that was creeping up her face.

Adrian's eyes went dark at that particular action, but he controlled himself as he led both of them out of her house before he did something that would deter them from going out.
Sarah followed after him, not forgetting to shut the door behind them since her mom won't be back home till the next morning.

When they got to his car, Adrian opened the passenger door for her to enter, and she did while smiling at his gentlemanly behaviour. As soon as he sat down on the driver's seat and place the car into gear, Sarah asked him the one question that she had been meaning to ask.

"Where are we headed to this time around?"

"Umm... Let's see... There's this property which I just acquired and it's somewhere in the woods. I was wondering if we could check it out..."

What do you think is going to happen next?

How would Sarah escape the situation she has placed herself in?

Let me know what you think u guys think 😉