Chapter 38

"HOPE IS GONE KLAUS!! How do you expect me to act? The only reason I had for living is GONE! SHE'S GONE! So excuse me for being so hostile." A female voice yells followed by the sound of glass shattering. I open my eyes and I'm back in the courtier but it's not the same. It's dark with no longer that home feeling. I can see everything is destroyed. Every window is shattered, there's huge holes in the walls with blood stains, all the furniture is torn, and last but not least is the bodies that lay on the floor. I can see mom, she wears all black smothered in blood. She has a pile of dead humans at her feet. Dad stands firm near the staircase with his hands bundled in a fist. I can see Elijah watching from the balcony, frozen. Mom stumbles forward tripping on the bodies as she wipes the blood off her chin. She gains her balance then walks closer to dad with nothing but hate in her eyes.

"You act like we never even had a daughter Klaus." Mom cries out then throws a punch at dad, her fist connects with his jaw making him jerk back. She goes for another punch.

"You haven't even spoken about her since that night KLAUS." She shouts as dad blocks her hit. He just stares as she tries again.

"It's like you don't even care!" Mom yells then dad finally fights back making mom fall back.

"LIKE I DON'T CARE!" Dad yells throwing the torn up couch out of his way. The couch flies making yet another hole in the wall.

"For the past few months I have been dying inside. There is not a second when she is not on my mind. Do you think I want to live on this earth when Hope is no longer on it?! Unlike your pathetic soul, I'm actually trying to do something about Hope's death instead of lying around crying all the time." Dad yells then stands right in front of mom with his hands behind his back. Mom stands up and glares at him.

A FEW MONTHS! I've been dead for a few months. And now I'm barely showing up. Did I already slip into a darkness? Everything is so confusing.

"Unlike you Hayley I have a plan to bring back our daughter and get rid of those conniving witches once and for all." Dad says with a small smirk. Mom looks shocked.

Bring me back. That's not possible.

"Nicklaus what you say is only a fantasy. Do not get Hayley's hopes up." Elijah says standing next to mom. But mom shakes her head and steps forward.

"What are you taking about Klaus. You know Devina used the last of the Vikings ash to bring back Kole." Mom says with a little faith in her eyes. Dad nods his head in agreement but then quickly smirks.

"Indeed she did but if you were me you would know that all I need is some of Kole's blood that contains the last of the Viking ash to add to the spell." Dad says seriously then starts his walk to the stairs.

"If this plan was to work, no one has seen Kole since Hope turned sixteen."  Cami says stepping out of the shadows.

"That's why I'm here." Cecilia says walking through the gate with Wesley carrying a dark brown wooden box.

"Just in time, Cecilia here will locate our dear brother Kole even if he is cloaked with a spell." Dad says starting his way up the stairs followed by everyone.

Is this possible, what dad says. Even though I'm dead my heart is aching and my mind is still spinning. In a blink of an eye I'm in the dining room where everyone is watching Cecilia. She's pulling multiple herbs and small bottles out of the wooden box.

"How do you know Kole's blood would work." Cami says standing next to dad who grips a chair with his eyes locked on Cecilia.

"I don't but I have Cecilia here to make sure it does." Dad states. Cami and mom share a glance.

"And the other ingredients?" Mom questions pacing back and forth behind Cecilia.

"I have Lucien taking care of it." Dad says with no emotion. Mom stops and her neck snaps to look at dad. Everyone is looking at dad. Even me. I'm standing on his left side with Elijah on my left. Wesley sits one seat away from Cecilia staring blankly at the table.

"Lucien? Klaus are you not aware that he tried to kill all of us and took Hope the last two days she was alive." Mom says angrily gripping a chair of her own making it snap. Dad breathes hard in annoyance.

Lucien tried to kill my family and I was with him.

"Yes Hayley, I am aware. But Lucien and Hope have some sort of bond that I am yet still trying to understand. So I know that he will be a good boy and bring back the things I have requested." Dad says annoyed and frustrated. Dad looks to the right and I follow his eyes to see Rebekah and Marcel walk in the dinning room. That's when I notice it. I notice that everyone's eyes are dark with a red lining and black circles surrounding them. It hurts that I can see the physical pain they are going through because of my death. It hurts that I was fighting with them the last days I was alive. It hurts that I'm standing right here but to them I'm non excitant. It's like I'm my own figment of imagination. Alone and only able to talk to myself. Like a ghost standing on the sidelines while everyone moves forward.