10-6|Getting My License

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get."
-Michael Phelps
—————————————————————
Tuesday
My Outfit:
Today I'm wearing a white romper that has black flowers on it with a black t-shirt underneath, platform sandals, a black mask, a gold butterfly necklace, a pink watch, and a sparkly pink, green, gold, and white beaded bracelet.

I got my license today!! After school, I went home, and my Dad told me that we were going to drop my brother off because it takes a while to get everything squared away at the DMV. So we drove home, and then my Dad told me that I would have to drive him to the DMV.

My Dad and my brother then got out of the car, and I switched to the driver's seat and was waiting for my Dad to come back. Then I saw him and my brother stop and stare at me, and I was like, do I have to get out? Then they went inside and out comes my Mom. She told me that my Dad was going to go to the bathroom so I should go inside. I got out of the car and then was walking to the door, and then the garage door opens, and my parents surprised me with a car! I was so happy, and I'm very thankful to be able to have a car. I ran over and hugged my parents, and then my Grandma was over, and she was videoing. Then my grandma got in the passenger seat, and we looked at the interior of the car. I love it so much! It's a small black car with black seats.

Then my Dad got in the passenger seat, and we drove off to the DMV. It drives differently than any of the cars I've driven before, my Dad's, Mom's, and my driving school's. But all cars drive differently, so it'll just take a moment to adjust.

I gave the DMV lady my permit, hour log, and my paper that shows that I passed driver's ed. Then I took my eye test. When I went to do it, I looked through and saw the letters, and then I heard the lady talking, so I looked at her. Then I went back to the letters, and they weren't there. So I said that the letters disappeared, and she said that your forehead touching it activates it. I felt kinda dumb after that.

After my eye test, I signed a few papers. Then she gave me a paper copy of my license to use until my real one gets mailed to me. Also, I was unaware that I wouldn't be getting to keep my permit. I thought that they'd give it back, but she didn't. Once I was finished, my Dad went to her to fill out forms about the car. Then my Dad needed to know how many miles were already on the car; he got it from someone he works with, so he had to go out and check. We were in there for a while, haha.

Once we were all done, we went to Best Buy and bought me two charging cables for my car, one for me and one for my brother. Then we also bought a popsocket holder that you stick onto your air vent; that way, if I need directions, I can see them.

Then we went home, and I worked on homework, which was very boring. But I'm super excited to be able to drive! The best part about having a small car is how easy it is to park. My Mom has a big car, and my Dad has a truck, and they are harder to park in than tiny cars. Like when I drove the small driver's ed car, it was super easy to get in places.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to go to Dollar General to buy a car scenty, so it smells nice. I'm kinda nervous about driving to school tomorrow. My brother will be with me so I won't be alone alone. I'm planning on getting there early, so I don't have to worry about having to park in a tight parking space or something. Also so I don't have to worry about being late. I'm just super excited for tomorrow!