Chapter 4- I'm Sorry, Who?

Holy crap, I remembered everything. The amount of drinking, the crowd's loud cheering, the pole dancing, the...the humping... My breath quickened, my heart pumped twice as fast. All of my unwanted memories came flooding in, hitting me like a tsunami. I stood there, frozen, as I regretted every second of yesterday night. I had one too many shots last night. With my blurry mind I went to the pole in the milddle of the dance floor and immediately started to pole dance. Apparently, I pole danced like a goddess when I was drunk. As if that wasn't enough, I walked up to a customer, I sat on his lap like no one was watching and started to lap dance, which was basically humping to me. What was worse was I knew the person I humped. I was about to rip my head out when I remembered the person I humped was, of course, Mr. Fancy-Ass. Out of so many people in the club, I decided that he was a good candidate for my drunk lap dancing.

Before stepping out of the bathroom, I told myself, 'Alright, Tolmer, just act like you had forgotten everything. Plus, he probably did too... Right? ' With the false confidence and assumption, I walked out of the bathroom, wishing with every cell I had that I would not bump into him. I was terrified that he would remember who I was, that he would recall all the things that I had done to him.

I walked pass the CEO's room after making sure that no one was present. I let out a relief sigh as I walked pass the door of the room with full speed, certain that he was probably in the room with the CEO or something. I mean, he would probably be much happier to talk to Mr. Kaiser than to me, might as well sneak off when I had the chance. I was making a turn to go down the stairs when I was abruptly pushed against the wall. I looked at the person towering over me, the person who I thought was supposed to be in Mr. Kaiser's office was hovering over me. The look in his eyes was unforgettably animal like, his eyes glistened like a predator's would at nights with a full moon. It was filled with so much unspeakable emotion to a point where it would be considered as dangerous.

I don't know if it was because of a sudden impulse to not summit or it was because I was just plain stubborn, I glared at him as a response.

"You're trying to run away again? Like last night? Yes, I remember you now." He spoke, still looking at me like a hungry beast. I looked at him, still standing my ground. A part of me wanted to just apologize and run off, yet a part of me wanted to stay and just take care of this before it got worse. Of course, I chose the latter one so I stood my ground, "What about last night?"

"The pole dancing and lap dance, I'm sure you'd remember yourself, no?"

"Are you out of your mind? Ask anyone around here. They'd tell you that I don't dance. Especially, not that way," I protested, knowing well that I was lying, I changed the subject instantly, "Now, would you excuse me, I have actual work to do. Unlike you."

Those were the last words I spat before pushing away his hand and walking down the stairs. I had no idea what the guy's name was, even so, I lied to his face without flinching. Oh, it was a big mistake.

I completely regretted what I had done, said and the ways I treated him immediately when I had reached the ground floor, where my office was. I was doubting myself, for the third time this morning. Then, I saw Airi, standing there, at the entrance, waiting for me.

I could see curiosity written all over her face so I shot her the 'what' look. She squealed quietly in delight as we walked into our office together, "C'mon, Tolmer, spill the tea. How was it?"

"How was it what?" I answered her question with another question in annoyance, just the way she hated it.

She was not affected by it, instead, started wriggling her eyebrows as we took a seat next to each other. She started in a hushed tone, "Y'know, since you changed your clothes and all, assume something happened with Mr. Kaiser?"

I looked at her in shock, "I'm sorry, who did you say that was?"

"Mr. Luzien Corucus Kaiser, you know, basically the founder of this company?"

"I'm sorry, but that was, Mr. However-You-Pronounce-His-Name? Him?"

"Well, yeah, silly."

I looked at her, dread written all over my face. "Airi, I don't know, but I think I may lose my job."