Chapter 60- No, We Did Not F**k

"Why are you in here with me?" I turned to him, the fact that he walked into my apartment so casually just hit me. "You said you'd just accompany me back to my door, what's this?"

"But it's late, and I'm wet." His puppy eyes nearly killed me on the spot. (Also, pfft, he's wet. Get it? No? Okay, I'll stop now.)

I groaned, "Fine, do what you want, I'm gonna take a shower."

He simply responded with a light, "Okay."

I should not have told him to do what he wanted.

The moment I stepped into the bathroom, he stepped in with me. "What the hell, dude? Personal space, we talked about this."

"You told me to do what I want. I'm doing it right now."

"J-just get out, alright?" I pushed him out, unable to comprehend what he had just done.

"It's not like it's this is the first time I'd see you naked. You have really nice ass though."

"Go away. You can use the spare towel in the closet."

"How cold, to think that we just kissed and we were so close t-"

I slammed the door once he was completely out.

"Rude!" I heard him yell from the other side of the door.

My heart couldn't calm down for the longest time, thumping so loudly, it almost echoed in the small space. No matter how many deep breathes I took, it was no use.

Turning on the shower, I hoped to wash away all the messy thoughts in my head.

Maybe I was just scared of the price of this affection I got.

Or, maybe I was just scared of what I would have to do for him to stay by my side now that I had him.

●◦●◦●◦

Nope, I take it all back.

I somehow ended up in his arms once again. Guess he's not letting go before I do. And I'll have you know that it would be a long time before I was willing to let go of him.

The bed creaked a little as he adjusted the third time to find a comfortable position while squishing the life out of me. His rosy-mint smell mixed with the cheap shampoo I had was comforting enough to let me cling onto him. It made me want to just hold on to him forever, it felt as if I were to let go he would never be in my reach again.

Once again, he played with my hair, running his fingers through my unshaved hair on my half-shaved head. (If you get what I mean, good job.)

I didn't know what to do with my hands: Do I hug him back or do I just leave it be?

"What are you thinking about?" he asked softly, only audible enough for the closed space he and I shared.

"Nothing much, I just don't know where to put my hands," I confessed.

He unfastened his hands from my torso, grabbing my hands only to place it onto his chest. "You can always do this."

I blurted out, "Nice tits."

Okay, seriously? Nice tits? Well, ain't this a new low.

"Hey, I gotta have some nice tits to compliment your nice ass when we're together," he chortled out, spoiling the just now peaceful atmosphere.

I'd like to think that it was both our fault that the cozy feel we just had was ruined.

Burying my face into his chest, I shrieked in second-hand embarrassment, unable to believe what he had just said.

Gods, why would he say something like that?

"Hey, catch some sleep now, alright? I know you have a lot to do tomorrow and stuff." He patted my head, treating me like a child once again. (At least, that's how I think you should treat a child.)

He pushed my head further into his warm, solid, muscle-y body, nearly suffocating me, yet I felt safe, like I could let my guard down and he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.

"I'll be here when you wake up."

That was the last thing he said to me before I was knocked out by sleep.

Every cell of my waking brain hoped what he had said was true.