Chapter One Hundred Twenty Two ~ The Past

Start from the beginning

"Kay!" the girl chimed cheerfully with a grin.

~

As they grew closer to their destination the girls eyes widened and sparkled with excitement as she spotted a giant Ferris Wheel peaking out from behind trees topped with bubbles.

She started swaying even more literally beaming with excitement.

"What's got you so excited?" her father asked a fond smile on his face, he had a clue as to what she might have spotted.

"Nothing~" she sang teasingly.

Soon after they docked and the girl hopped off before running off before slipping and falling over "Ouch" she muttered and looked to see what tripped her.

Seeing nothing she touched the ground "The ground is all slimy" she noted lifting her hand and gasped in awe as a bubble formed where her hand just been in.

"Papa! Papa! Look! The ground is blowing bubbles!" she exclaimed in awe watching another bubble form.

"That's because these trees produce a sap that's like a thick soap, the bubbles form when the roots breath out oxygen" her father explained walking over to her.

"That's so cool!" she muttered marveled by the bubbles.

"Now listen Nicole" her father said gaining her attention by using her name.

"See that number on that tree?" he pointed out the tree next to them, it had a number painted on it with huge numbers, the one he had pointed to had the number 27.

"Yeah" Nicole nodded.

"Remember that, you're free to explore as long as you return here by tomorrow" her father said.

"Tomorrow? Are you going somewhere else papa?" Nicole asked turning to him.

"I am, papa has some business and unfortunately i can't bring you along" he said.

Nicole pouted a little, her papa always brought her along no matter where he was going but she understood that whatever business he had was probably super important.

Mihawk laid a hand on Nicole's head and ruffled her hair "Be a brave girl and wait for me okay little samurai?" he asked kneeling down to her eye level.

Nicole cheered up a bit from the use of her nickname and smiled "Okay" she nodded before tackling him in a hug.

Mihawk chuckled a bit and hugged her back, when Nicole let go he ruffled her hair once more and smiled "I'll be back before you know it" he said, stood up and left.

Nicole waved him off and watched the boat disappear into the horizon before bolting off towards the amusement park.

~

Nicole stole money in order to get into the rides and she wasn't the least bit sorry about it, she went on many rides and had the time of her life.

As she was sitting on a bench enjoying cotton candy a figure crept up from behind her and stuffed her into a bag before running away.

Nicole screamed for help but it was muffled in the bag, she tried getting out but the bag was too sturdy.

Suddenly the bag was set down and Nicole fell on her back with a yelp onto the hard surface she was placed on, then the bag was opened and she lashed out at the hand reaching in biting down on it.

"Ouch! Careful with this one it bites" the kidnapper said grabbing Nicole with his other hand holding her by the back of her dress.

"Let me go!" Nicole yelled flailing around but it was useless as the kidnapper held her at a distance.