Chapter Twenty Four ~ Whiskey Peak

~Zoro~

I eventually woke up and stretched a bit when i noticed a weight leaning on me, i looked over and felt my entire face burn as i saw it was Nicole napping on me, she knew exactly what to do to push my buttons, she knew how to play this game but i wasn't giving in not by a long shot.

~Nicole~

I felt someone shaking me and woke up, i yawned a bit and smiled at Zoro "Morning"i greeted "Care to explain why you decided to sleep on me?"he asked "I don't have a problem with you sleeping on me"i said "That's not the point!"he said "Whoa what got into you?"i asked, but in truth i knew exactly what i was doing "Why you!"Zoro growled "Hold that thought the others are down"i said just noticing that.

Zoro sighed a bit dropping it "Come on guys i know the weathers nice but that's no reason to be lazy"he said to them "We better be on the right track that's all i can say"he added, i snickered a bit, he had no idea how hard that actually was, then he noticed those two weirdos, i had noticed them earlier but completely forgot about them at the moment "What are you two doing here?" Zoro asked them.

"We're on a side mission to take them home to a town called Whiskey Peak"Luffy said seemingly the only one who wasn't completely tired out "Since when did we become a transport service for thugs? We don't owe them anything"Zoro said "I dunno"Luffy simply said, i sighed a bit before turning my attention to the weirdos as Zoro questioned them but not really paying full attention to it as i also noticed Nami walking over to us and bonking us both in the head, though i just barely dodged and acted like i was hit when i really wasn't.

"You jerks you think you can just sleep while the rest of us do all the work? And Nicole you could have warned me about the crazy weather! You're lucky we didn't toss your lazy asses over board!"Nami yelled at us "Didn't Crocus warn you though? Or were you just not paying attention? Perhaps you thought it couldn't possibly be that bad and was foolish enough to take your eyes of the Log Pose?"I asked, Nami didn't reply just looked away.

"Listen up Nami cause i'm only telling this to you once, drive it into your thick skull like a screw and never forget, always check your Log Pose at least once every minute, trust nothing except your instincts and keep your eyes pealed, there are worst things on this sea then the weather"i told her, she sighed a bit before facing the others.

"Listen up everyone, there's no way to know what happens next, during the terror most of us just experienced i came to learn why this sea was called the Grand Line, Nicole's words drove that lesson in, my navigation skills are useless here, anything can happen but mark my words i will guide us through!"Nami said a new determination burning in her, to beat the Grand Line's unpredictable weather and guide us through all they way to Raftel.

"You sure about that Nami?"Usopp asked "Without a doubt we're gonna be fine, just wait and see"Nami smiled "Speaking of which we're here, our first journey on the Grand Line comes to an end"she said pointing out that we were closing in on an island with giant cacti, i was excited to set foot on new land as well, even having lived the majority of my life in the Grand Line even i haven't been on every island and this was one of them, then i grew a hunch we were on a route with islands i've never even seen before.

"It's an island!"Luffy said grinning excitedly "So this is Whiskey Peak, the landscape is unlike anything i've ever seen"Sanji said "Whoa those cactuses are humongous"Luffy said, the two weirdos jumped of swimming the rest of the way but who cares about them we were about to make landfall "Hope there's a water way right up to the shoreline, it looks like we can go inland by ship"Nami said "Um i'm weighing the possibility of monsters out there how likely is that Nicole?"Usopp asked "I'd say about ninety seven percent"i said, although i'd say that about every island on the Grand Line regardless of size or that it seems uninhabitable, life finds a way.