Chapter Twenty Seven ~ Little Garden

~Nicole~

We had been sailing for a couple of days, i like usual was focused on my swords doing maintenance on them, it wasn't like these swords were brittle or anything i knew that and little nicks and scratches were inevitable, however those little nicks and scratches can pile up and then we're going to have troubles so i made sure to at least check my swords, and Zoro's whenever he let me, at least after every fight.

"Hey guys anyone care to sample my special drink?"Sanji called as he came over to me "This one is specially made for you Nicole my love!"he said hearts in his eyes as he offered the drink to me "Thanks"i smiled and took a sip "So? What do you think?"he asked "It's very nice"i told him and happened to glance at Zoro and noticed he was looking this way with jealousy before quickly looking away as he noticed i noticed, Sanji joined the other boys as i finished up the drink.

I put my swords back since they didn't need much work this time around and decided to join the others as we watched a dolphin jumping from the front of the deck but as the dolphin jumped over our ship, it was huge! "Let's go!"Luffy said and right away we all set into action, i helped Sanji and Usopp with the sail as Zoro went to steer "Okay hurry let's move!"Luffy called as we chased the dolphin.

"Get ready it's gonna be a big one!"Luffy called as the dolphin jumped again and we rode the wave forward, it was quite fun, "Nami which direction now?"Luffy asked "Give me a sec i'll check the log pose"Nami said  "Port side full!"she called "Turning full!"i called back with the others as we turned the Going Merry back on course.

Soon after we saw an island in the horizon, Little Garden, we sailed closer to the island "I can see why they call this place Little Garden"Luffy said "I can't, what's so little about it"Zoro said "Yeah it looks like a jungle out there, maybe we'd be better off skipping this one"Usopp said "Did you forget already? We have to stay for the log pose"i said as the princess was muttering about something or whatever.

"Not to mention we're in dire need of restocking our food supply we didn't get so much as a sack of flour in the last town"Sanji said "Guy's there's our ticket in"Zoro said pointing out a river going further in sailing down the river "Think they'll have a barbecue restaurant here?"Luffy wondered "We didn't travel all this way for barbecue!"Sanji yelled at him "I thought the point of this visit was to get food?"Luffy asked.

"Food as in supplies we're going to cook later, geez what're you think?"Sanji asked "I don't know Usopp might be right about this one just take a look at the giant plan life here, i've never seen anything like it not even in books"Nami said when there was a loud screech, probably just a bird flying by but Nami and Usopp were freaked out.

"What was that screeching?!"Nami asked "It was probably that thing coming up behind you Sanji"i said and he dodged the bird or whatever "What the hells matter with you damn bird?!"he yelled after it "Ooh it's big could be tasty"Luffy said just then we heard a big explosion kind of sound "You hear that is that the kind of noise you expect to hear in a normal jungle?!"Nami asked freaked out.

"That sounded like a volcano erupting we're all going to die!"Usopp yelled also freaked out, as we continued sailing a tiger walked up to the shore, Usopp and Nami and even i freaked out but i freaked out for a different reason, tigers are my favorite animal "It's so magnificent! Look at the size of that thing!"i said sparkles in my eyes then the tiger fell over dead "No! You were too beautiful to die!!"i yelled, tears streaming from my eyes.

"What? Luffy what just happened?! I know normal this is definitely not it! Someone explain to me how a mammoth tiger can just keel over covered in blood?!"Nami asked freaking out and Usopp was nodding in agreement "Log pose and food be damned! We're not setting foot on that island and that's final!"Usopp yelled "We can still get the readings from the ship we'll just sit tight until then"Nami said "Right!"Usopp was quick to agree.

"When that's done we'll leave and never look back"Nami said, anyway we decided to make landfall anchoring the Going Merry near the shore, Luffy was shaking and from the grin on his face from excitement "Sanji go make lunch"he said "You want lunch?"Sanji asked "Yep and one more thing, make it a great big pirate lunch with lots of meat and no veggies i'm gonna need some more energy"Luffy said, i could tell just from his grin he wanted to explore this place.

"Energy for what? What are you doing? You're not leaving here"Nami said "I dunno, fun stuff see what i come along"Luffy said the biggest grin yet on his face, Sanji went to make the lunch for Luffy "Say Luffy would it be alright if i come along with you?"the princess asked "Sure sounds great"Luffy said "No Vivi you can't be serious!"Nami yelled at her "Yeah i rather not sit here with nothing to do but worry about my troubles this will keep me busy until the log resets"the princess said.

"Out of the question! Seriously it's way too dangerous for you out there!"Nami yelled at her "I'll be fine besides i'll have Karoo with me"the princess said shocking the duck "Vivi if you're going out i'll pack you a lunch too!"Sanji called from the cabin "Thanks and while you're at it could you fix something for Karoo as well?"the princess asked "Of course you just leave it to me"Sanji said and closed the door getting to work.

Sanji was done after a while and set Luffy and the princess off, they jumped off the ship "Well see you guys later"the princess said waving back before following Luffy as he had ran on ahead, Zoro came walking down having finished his nap "I'm bored i'm gonna go take a walk, wanna come with Nicole?"he asked "Eh sure why not"i shrugged and jumped off the ship with him.

"Hey Zoro wait up"Sanji called "You know we're kinda short on food if you find any animals that appear eatable bring them back, and if you get Nicole hurt there will be hell to pay!"he yelled, i sweatdropped a bit "I can handle myself fine thank you very much!"i yelled at him "Okay that's easy, i can see why you'd wanna send me cause i could bring back something you couldn't catch yourself"Zoro said.

"What the hell does that mean?!"Sanji yelled at him "I won't let that remark go unchallenged, you're saying you can catch bigger game then i can? Like my hunting skills are inferior?"he asked "Yeah that's right"Zoro said turning back to Sanji, sparks flew between their glares, i sweatdropped "Challenge accepted"Sanji said jumping off the ship "Okay winner brings back the most pounds of meat"he said "What do you mean pounds? Cause i'll bring in tons"Zoro said "Why don't you let your hunting do the talking for ya?"Sanji asked and the two split ways.

I went to follow Zoro but then "Wait Nicole"Nami called to me, i looked back to see her and Usopp crying and whimpering "You can't leave us alone"Usopp said, i sighed a bit, these guys are the epitome of pathetic "Fine"i said and turned to Zoro who had stopped noticing i wasn't following "Good luck on your hunt, i'll come find you once these two stop being wimps"i told him, he chuckled a bit "That'll be the day but yeah, see ya later"he smiled a bit and continued to walk off.

I had climbed back on the ship and was already bored just watching the forest leaning on the rail standing between Nami and Usopp ignoring whatever they were talking about, then Nami suddenly went inside, Usopp and i followed and watched her rifle through her book collection "What the heck are you looking for anyway?"i asked "Quiet i remember reading about it in a book"Nami said.

"Reading about what?"Usopp asked "Little Garden"Nami said as she continued to look through the books, Usopp and i went back out leaving her to it, i went back to staring at the jungle, *sigh* i'm so bored, i should of just gone with Zoro "Usopp Nicole!"Nami said coming out of the cabin "Nami, what now?So did you find your book yet?"Usopp asked, Nami nodded and showed the book to us.

I sensed something approaching, something massively huge, gigantic even "This is bad this island"Nami was cut off "What? What's wrong Nami?"Usopp asked, then the other two saw it was well, the gigantic figure that was approaching us, they screamed as the giant laughed.