Chapter Seventy Nine ~ The Davy Back Ends

~Third~

"And now the victor of round two, team Strawhat can pick a crew member from the foxy pirates as their price or take their flag! Which will the Strawhat's captain choose?"the commentator asked "Of course i'll choose him, i'll choose Cho"Luffy was cut off "Wait Luffy! The third match is a one on one and their player is their captain, so if we take that man now we get an automatic third win, in other words we can get Chopper back without any more fights"Nami said.

"That's downright dirty! What an unbelievably cold blooded woman! She is pure evil and totally untrustworthy! Throughout the decades of the Davy Back fight history many people thought of such a trick but nobody ever put such dishonor into action! I'm sure everyone here would agree with me! The third fight should be fought honorably not avoided cowardly!"the commentator said.

"They're so mean"Nami sobbed into Robin's shoulder "Where us the honor when they disregarded all the rules?"Robin asked "Stop crying it's your own fault"Zoro said fixing his hold on Nicole "I agree with Nami!"Usopp said, Nami glared at the foxy pirates who were jeering her "You're really starting to tick me off"she said "Sorry"the foxy pirates muttered "So no more comments?!"Nami asked.

"In any case the choice is the captain's alone, only their captain Monkey D. Luffy shall decided, let's see who he will choose?"the commentator asked "Actually Nami, if we do as you said we will certainly get an easy win, however i don't want that split head traveling with me"Robin said "So true!"Nami gasped "Yeah we don't need that kind of trash"the others said waving off the idea completely.

"Chopper come back!!!"Luffy yelled "OKAY!!!"Chopper cried and ran over hugging Luffy "Thanks for saving me!"he said "Stop crying it's not like Zoro and Sanji could've lost, anyway, you have work to do, but first let's get that stupid mask off you"Luffy grinned taking the mask off Chopper, the reindeer nodded drying his face and stepping over to Zoro who was now sitting with Nicole in his lap.

"Lay her down please"Chopper said "Sure"Zoro shrugged, gently laying down Nicole who was still in deep nap mode as Chopper set to work on her, "Listen you! No one can win against me in battle for round three! Besides the crew member you lose in the final round can't be won back, all of you should be prepared to become one of us permanently!"Foxy taunted "I won't lose to you!"Luffy yelled.

"The second round ended with an unexpected loss for the Groggy monsters, the two teams are now tied! Coming up is the third and final round of the Davy Back fight that will decided everything! The game type is the crowd favorite, the most eagerly anticipated, Battle Round! First we will pick the battle field with the field chooser cannon! Both players will now spin the cannon and then, when the cannon comes to a halt naturally boom! the field chosen with the cannon is coincidentally the ship of the foxy pirates!"the commentator said.

"Coincidental? Yeah right! Cheaters!!!"Usopp yelled at them "It doesn't matter stop whining" Zoro said sitting next to Nicole as Chopper was finishing up patching her up, thankfully there didn't seem to be any broken bones or internal bleeding, Nicole was trained to be pretty sturdy so it would take a lot more to take her out, Nicole woke up just as the third round got started.

~skip~

"Nine seconds"Nicole counted "Eight"Zoro smirked "Seven"Sanji said "Six"Robin said, Usopp laughed "Five! Hey come on you guys don't just sit there count off with me! Four!"he said "Three!Two! One!"everyone counted as Foxy blasted off, Luffy let out a victory yell "And now he finally comes down!  Outside the battle field! Ladies and gentlemen the final round of the Davy Back fight has come to an end! After an epic battle our bosses undefeated streak has been broken! Let's hear it for Strawhat Luffy!"the commentator said.

Everyone cheered and the bell was rung signaling the end of the fight, the foxy pirates went after their boss fishing him out of the sea.

~skip~

"You little show off, who do you think you are? Take this and this"Usopp said poking Luffy "Hey stop that! He's really hurt you'll poke him to death!"Chopper yelled at him "Yeah afro power my butt that's a close call if i've ever seen one"Nami said "Oh you sweet ignorant child, truly you are lost if you do not know the power of the afro"Nicole said almost mockingly, Nami glared at her, Nicole ignored her.

"Look he's waking up"Chopper said "Huh? Where am i? What happened? Is it over? Did i win? That wasn't just a dream was it?"Luffy asked "You don't need to freak out you beat him"Zoro told him, Luffy smiled laying back on the grass "What a relief"he said "Everyone else said you'd lose but not me"Usopp said handing Luffy back his strawhat.

"You're a bad liar"Sanji said "Guess it would have been a real pain if you lost, imagine being stuck on a boat with Foxy"Zoro said, Nicole shivered "I'd rather not"she said, speaking of Foxy appeared and wanted to make things up but it was another trick but Foxy also forgot Luffy is a rubber man.

"Fine let's just get this over with what do you want?!"Foxy yelled "That's right! The last part of the game still needs deciding! The winner captain Strawhat gets to take a new crew member, only the captain can decide who to pick, now please decide!"the commentator said "I choose your flag"Luffy said.

"What?!"the foxy crew asked "You're evil! You didn't even give it a thought and you want to rob us of our pride?!"Foxy asked "I don't want your sail, just the flag, otherwise you won't be able to leave right?"Luffy asked "How thoughtful but our symbol is on our sail too! We won't be able to use that!"one guy yelled.

"Yeah just stop pretending to be nice! Just take everything!"another said "Okay okay, i'll just erase your symbol, i'll even give you a new one, that way you'll be able to use your sail"Luffy said "Strawhat, you're so nice"Foxy said not knowing that Luffy is a terrible painter, their new symbol looked more like a fluffy cat with round ears.

"The winner is the Strawhat crew! The Davy Back fight will now officially end!"the commentator said, the foxy crew freed the Going Merry and Foxy swore revenge as him and his crew sailed away, the Strawhats went to over to the old mans house where they met the old man and his horse, Nicole gasped "It's so pretty!"she squealed a bit and made a beeline to the horse, asking the old man if she could hug the horse, which he said was named Shelly and let her hug the horse, Nicole gladly did so.

Luffy chuckled a bit "We brought you a souvenir"he said handing the foxy pirates flag to the old man "You're hurt are you alright?"the old man asked "Ah this? It's nothing"Luffy said "Thank you for your help"the old man said, Shelly whinnied happily like she was saying thanks too "Is that why you accepted the fight? Because you wanted to help him? And here i thought you were being just stupid again"Nami said.

"Man you're rude"Luffy said, just then the ground started shaking as something popped out of the ground "It's huge what is that?"Luffy asked "I'd ask you the same question"the creature said "Wow you mean that thing can talk?!"Usopp freaked "I'm not a thing i'm a mole"the creature said "It's cute!"Nicole gasped making a beeline to the mole and hugging it as well.

"I'm the champion you dig!"some guy said coming out from under the construction hat the mole was wearing "Great another weirdo"Nami said "Champion of what?"Sanji asked "You really need to ask? Obviously i'm the world champion of hole digging as crazy as it seems i'm challenging my own record as we speak"the guy said.

"Hold on a minute"Nicole said stepping away from the mole and dusting herself off "You claim to be a champion yet it's clearly this mole that digs the holes for you so shouldn't the credit go to him?"she asked making the guy pause "I hope you at least reward him and not abuse him"she added "I do! I do reward him! He's my best friend!"the guy yelled.

Anyway the guy turned out to be the old guys grandson, he gave his grandpa a ride to meet up with the other villagers "Looks like it all worked out huh?"Luffy asked as him and his crew were ready to set off on the Going Merry "Yes i don't know how to thank you for all you've done"the old man said "Don't worry about it"Luffy grinned.

"Farewell my friends i won't forget you!"the old man said as the Going Merry sailed off towards the sunset and towards another adventure.