Chapter Forty Six ~ Rainbase

~Third~

Vivi calmed down and stopped crying after a while "You all, Luffy was right i've made up my mind now change of plans we're going to go find Crocodile"she said "Yeah"Luffy nodded "That does seem the quickest way to stop the fighting from happening"Nami said "And we can quit wondering around the desert too it was beginning to get old"Zoro said "I'm just glad we don't have to backtrack"Nicole said.

"So where is he anyway this damn Crocodile guy?"Sanji asked "Let's see"Vivi said opening her map as the others crouched down around here to see the map too "This is the capital city Alubarna where my father rules and the rebel army is camped here getting ready to invade Alubarna"Vivi said pointing it out on the map.

"So we need to get to Crocodile before the rebels get to Alubarna"Sanji said "This is where Crocodile is, over here, Rainbase"Vivi said pointing out the city on the map "Rainbase?"Usopp asked "It's a city to the north of us about a day's journey from here"Vivi said and the Strawhats set off.

The ladies were riding on Eyelash the camel once more as Luffy and Usopp were groveling behind them begging for a ride Zoro, Chopper and Sanji  were following behind them "Hey Chopper you've managed to make it all day without collapsing"Zoro said "Yeah i'm trying hard not to"Chopper said.

"Vivi does this Rainbase city have a water supply?"Chopper asked "Oh yeah no shortage there it's a gambling town almost completely isolated from all the fighting"Vivi said "Gambling?"Nami asked beri signs for eyes "No Nami we're not going there for gambling"Zoro said "I guess some people need places to relax even here in Alabasta"Sanji said.

"Gum gum no way!"Luffy said using his rubber powers to keep the tiny barrel of water away from Usopp "Come on Luffy just give me one sip of it please isn't that why he gave it to us?" Usopp asked crying "The old guy from the sandstorm place gave it to me, he had to dig all night just to get this much of it, we can't just go drinking it like it regular water or something, so no way!"Luffy said.

"Wow you can restrain yourself some times"Nami said "Well yeah of course i can Nami that was a rude thing to say you know"Luffy said, Usopp fell on his knees muttering something about water "So how long until Rainbase Vivi?"Luffy asked, Vivi got down from Eyelash "Hey Luffy, thanks a lot i would have never been able to make this decision on my own"Vivi said "Okay then give me food"Luffy said.

"Huh?"Vivi asked "After i beat up Crocodile give me food, i'll eat until i explode"Luffy said "I promise i will"Vivi smiled at him.

~skip~

"There"Vivi said as Rainbase loomed in the horizon "So is that the city?"Chopper asked "So that's Rainbase?"Nicole asked, Vivi didn't say anything but the look on her face said it all "Yeah! Time to kick Crocodile's ass!"Luffy yelled and the group continued their way growing closer to the city.

"So after all that's happened are operating under the assumption that Baroque Works knows were on the island with them?"Zoro asked "It seems likely we did run into Mr.2 so i think it's safe to assume they have some idea that we were headed to Alabasta"Nami said "Who cares about that?"Luffy asked "They know exactly what we look like so we won't be able to do much of anything while in Rainbase just lay low"Usopp said.

"And why is that?!"Luffy asked him "Because if we get spotted before we can get Crocodile i'm sure he can come up with all sorts of nasty traps to take care of us"Usopp said "Although it would also be smart and safe to assume Crocodile has traps for us regardless, he seems like the cautious type"Nicole said "Yeah"Zoro nodded in agreement.

"Laying low but we're coming Crocodile!"Luffy yelled "You weren't even listening were you!" Usopp yelled at him bonking his head "Well no matter what happens i take it upon myself to protect Nami, Nicole and Vivi from any harm, i'm always happy to play prince charming for a lady"Sanji said "Smooth one"Zoro said "Smoother then you are Zoro!"Sanji yelled at him.

"I need water"Usopp and Chopper said "There is none, let it go!"Zoro said "I'm going! Water!" Luffy yelled running on ahead with Usopp following behind him "Hey! You might wanna take some money along!"Nami yelled after them but the two were long gone.

The others arrived at the city in their own pace and found a nice shady place to relax and wait for Luffy in, now before in a scene like this Nicole would be sitting next to Zoro telling him to stop bugging Eyelash the camel but since tensions were still, well tense, between the two Nicole took to sitting with the other girls, away from Zoro, Sanji again seemed to be the only one to notice this tension.

"I'm gonna go use the little boys room"Chopper said before he walked off "Do you really we can count on them to stay out of trouble?"Sanji asked "Even they can handle little errands okay right?"Nami asked "I don't know i bet they managed to screw something up it is Usopp and Luffy, i'd start getting ready to run if i were you"Zoro said "Yeah you have too much faith in them"Nicole said.

"Run away!"Luffy yelled grabbing a couple barrels of water "Yeah!"Usopp said grabbing a third barrel "Protect the water!"Luffy yelled as the two ran "What are the damn marines doing here?!" Luffy yelled as him and Usopp were running from a group of marines chasing after them "How can i know that let's just keep running for now!"Usopp said.

"You win looks like the marines are chasing them"Sanji looked over from behind a tree having heard the commotion "No way! So why are those idiots running this way?!"Nami asked "Hey Tony hasn't made his way back here yet!"Vivi said "He'll be fine, Chopper can manage on his own"Zoro said and they also took off, running away from the group of marines.

"Hey you guys i think the marines are here!"Luffy yelled to the others "Thank you we haven't noticed that Luffy!"Zoro yelled back to him "Hurry it up we can't lose them this time men!"one of the marines yelled "This is bad Baroque Works will see us if we run through the city!"Usopp said "I think it's a little late to worry about that!"Nicole yelled back noticing agents all around them "Then it's decided let's go!"Luffy said.

"Huh?"Vivi asked "To wherever Crocodile is how about it ready?"Luffy asked "Do you see that building up ahead with the alligator on its roof? That's the casino that Crocodile runs it's called Rain Dinners"Vivi said pointing ahead to the building "I see it so that's where Crocodile is"Luffy said.

"It'll be better if we all split up now"Sanji said looking back to the marines still chasing them "Yeah it's looking that way"Zoro said "Right see ya later!"Luffy said "Right!"the others replied and split up Vivi, Nicole and Zoro going one way and Nami, Usopp and Sanji going the other way while Luffy used his rubber powers to go the middle route.

"Damn it"Zoro growled coming to a stop as Baroque Works starter to surround them "Oh no"Vivi said "Tsk, we don't have time for this"Nicole said drawing her swords "Out of the way!"she said cutting those in front down while Zoro told Vivi to go on without them and sliced up those behind them, even with their recent tension the two sword masters fought together like clockwork.

Meanwhile Sanji told Nami and Usopp to go on ahead as he dealt with the marines, back to our sword masters, Nicole and Zoro quickly dealt with nearly all of them "Was that all really? Pathetic"Zoro said, Nicole just turned to the remaining ones and gave them the death glare making multiple flinch but then "Roronoa Zoro i knew we'd meet again"Tashigi said appearing from the ground, Zoro went stiff "That voice"he said and looked behind to see that woman that looked so much like Kuina.

Nicole glanced behind at the woman and grabbed Zoro by the collar "You can deal with your grudge later!"she said dragging him with her as she ran off "Hold it"Tashigi yelled running after, meanwhile Nami and Usopp were running from a group of Baroque Works agents and made it to Rain Dinners, but some agents had been waiting for them at the front but then Zoro and Nicole appeared kicking them down.

"It's Zoro and Nicole!"Usopp said "Hold on i thought Vivi was supposed to be with you?"Nami asked "She was are you saying she's not here?"Zoro asked "Not yet but maybe she went inside already"Usopp said "Yeah let's go in too"Nami said "We better hurry"Nicole said as Luffy approached from the distance.

"It's that Smoker guy!"Zoro said spotting the marine captain chasing the rubber boy "Hey you guys let's go we have to run inside now!"Luffy yelled and ran past them "Right behind you!" Usopp said as him, Nami, Zoro and Nicole followed after the marine captain Smoker chasing them.