7: Thanks But No Thanks

Start from the beginning

He reached for the bag but Selene pulled the bag back.

"Money first," She said again.

"It's right here in the bag," He signalled to his bag.

"Then give it to me," She was getting impatient.

"No! Sh-show me my drugs first. What if you don't h-have it all," He said stuttering.

"What would I do with your drugs? you gobshite," She lost her temper, this man is squeezing every little patience left in her.

"Open the zip and show me the money," Selene demanded but Jace did not attempt to listen to her.

Selene took a deep breath and glared at him, "Open the fucking zip, Jace."

"I-I-I," he mumbled. Selene noticed that his fingers shivered and he stared at the ground ignoring her. This sudden change in his behaviour meant only one thing.

"Are you fucking high right now? Really?" Selene yelled, giving him an unbelievable look.

Dealing with this man was hard enough already and now he just made it impossible.

Out of the blue, he pounced on Selene trying to snatch his stash from her hands. Selene's reflexes worked fast, she punched him in the gut.

Jace stumbled back giving her time to leave. It was obvious that he had no intentions to pay for the drugs.

She turned around to run when she heard him yell behind her, "Don't move or I'll shoot."

She froze on her spot, not daring to take the risk. A moment later she turned around and saw him holding a gun with his shaky hands.

"Jace-" She started slowly, "Put down the gun, don't do something that you'll regret."

"Stop! Shut up!" He yelled. He was definitely high and physically dependent on the drugs. That was why he wanted them so badly.

"Give me the drugs, Selene. I won't ask again," He urged.

"Pay first then take it. I won't say this again." Selene stood her ground.

"Are you fucking out of your mind? I will shoot you," He said laughing maniacally.

"With what? An unloaded gun? You don't even know how it works," she said gesturing to the gun in his left hand.

He stopped laughing and turned his attention to his gun. Selene took this as a chance and kicked the gun out of his hand. Jace was caught off guard by that.

She kicked his knee, making him fall. She lunged forward and tackled him on the ground.

They rolled on the ground like pigs in the mud, each of them taking their turns to tackle each other. Selene fisted his face twice by now but the adrenaline due to meth in his system somehow kept him going.

She can easily stop a sober man but a stoned man behaves like an animal and it is difficult for her.

Selene was now lying on the ground with Jace on her, she tried hard to shield her face but Jace wriggled his hands out of her grip.

Jace's fist connected directly with Selene's cheek. Sharp throbbing pain immediately followed all over her face and head. Her vision started to blur. She shook her head trying to clear her view.

Jace already got up and took the drugs bag. He looked at her vehemently and gave a malicious smile.

"It was nice meeting you, bitc-"

Jace didn't finish his sentence. He couldn't. The deep ghastly cut on his neck prevented him from doing so.

She saw a man swiftly slash his neck from behind. The bag in his hand fell on the ground followed by Jace himself. His body shook, throwing epileptic fits before they came to a halt.