Remember me (part 1.)

Today was the day, today was the day my mother died. it's been two years since that day; not a day goes by that I don't think about my mother, despite her madness, she was my mother, she raised me, and deep down I know she loved me or at least cared. The worst part of this all is that I killed her. Damian thought to himself.

Damian knew that his mother died on her ship while trying to escape, so how is it his fault you ask, he could've stopped her.

I could've stopped my mother if I had just pushed myself harder,  If I had caught her I could have helped her, helped her to be better, to reform her, but instead I let her get away. I was hurt, I couldn't run so fast, but  I know that I could've pushed myself to run faster. But I didn't, maybe I was getting soft. I loved my mother, of course, I will never admit it but I did.

No one would believe it, people would say I was crazy if I said it, but deep down I know she had a heart.

Now I need to man up, forget about my mother, step out of my room and head down to the training room, the worst part is that I'm gonna have to pretend that everything is fine. I know that I'm very good at hiding my feelings, but I'm worried about Grayson and Raven.

Raven can't read my thoughts, since In was trained by some of the greatest fighters in history. Not only to fight but to block anyone from entering my mind. My walls are just too strong, as my will is.  the only way she can do it is if I allowed it or if I was knocked out. But she can feel my emotions from time to time, just like I can feel hers because of this stupid bond she and I have. Sometimes I would be glad that we have a bond, but then again, sometimes it drove me into madness.  Today I just wanted to stay locked in my room, but I wasn't WEAK, "I was trained to turn any emotion into anger or just not to feel them at all". "And THAT is what I intend to do." Now about the unavoidable irritation,  Grayson is no telepath but he is a pain in the ass. He knows that today's the day, he knows my mother died today and how much it affected me, and being the big mouth that he is he's probably gonna tell kori first, and then she will tell the whole team, unlike raven, Grayson can't keep a secret.

I was on my way to the training room when I heard a door open behind me, I knew it was raven, so I kept on walking normally but she started to walk faster so I thought that she knew, so I started to speed up until I got to the elevator, I  pressed the button that would send me down and just as the elevator door was closing a hand intercepted the door from closing, and raven opened it, she came in and stood beside me, then the door closed.

Raven's POV

That's weird, Damian and I normally walked together to the elevator when we woke up at the same time, but today he was in a hurry, I wanted to Cath up so I started to speed walk but then he started to run, I told him to wait so I could get in the elevator but I guess he didn't hear me. I know from personal experience that sometimes you just have those days where you don't want to talk or be near someone. Maybe this was one of those days for Damian, but something about his actions made me feel "strange" I couldn't help but think that I had done something. Was he avoiding me? Did I do something?

In the elevator.

It was quiet, no one said I word but I finally decided to break the silence.

Good morning Damian.

Good morning raven.

Raven stood there quietly waiting for him to say something but not a word left his mouth. So again she broke the silence.

Nice weather we're having.

yeah.

Every day on the elevator when no one knew what to say, they would always start conversations about random things.

Raven stepped out of the elevator leaving Damian behind, as he was on his way to the training room.

Good morning raven kori said and hugged me, umm good morning kori.

How did you sleep?

 um good, you?

I sleep wonderfully!

You seem more excited than usual today? What's the occasion?

Yeah, blue beetle said, you've been like this all morning.

Well, dick is coming back today I'm excited to see him.

But we saw him last week, why are you this excited.

Well you see, a tamaranians love for someone is eternal, And the hope to see them again is so overwhelming. Besides we're going on a date.

That's awesome Garfield screamed.

Raven just looked at her in confusion. I get why you're excited now but is it that hard not to see dick for a week?

Oh, you don't get it raven, there are some things you just get when you're in love.

Oh, raven said as her faced made a sad expression. For some reason, robin's nick name boy wonder came to her mind. and in her mind, the thought came to her  "I've always wanted a boy wonder of my own."

Kori, now realizing that she had made raven upset quickly changed the conversation. SO WHO'S HUNGRY!

Damian's POV

I was in the training room, all sweaty with bloody knuckles. Today I wasn't beating the life out of a punching bag. I was beating the hell out of a huge iron block. I didn't find the punching bag satisfying today, I needed something harder, something that would cause more pain. I deserve it. 

After a while, as much as I hate to admit it, I was tired and my knuckles hurt. I went back to my room patched myself up took a shower and headed for the living room.

I hope you guys liked it.