Remember me, part 2.

Damian's Pov.

I walked into the living room, unsure of what was to come, did they know? Would they pity me? Damian hoped they didn't know, if there was one thing he hated, it was to be pitied by others. Surprisingly everything was normal, or rather, as normal as it could; everyone stared at him for a second, before returning to do what they were doing. Blue beetle and beast boy were playing fuss ball, kori was cooking, raven was reading a book while drinking her tea. I let out aa big sigh, I was relieved that no one knew anything. Just as I was on my way to the fridge to get myself some cold water, the door opened behind and I knew exactly who it was. "HEY!" Damn it! He was the last person I wanted to see today. 

Dick! Kori screamed, you came back earlier than expected. Well you know me babe, I always try to come back earlier for you.  Thank you Dick, by the way, you came right on time for dinner. Dick forced a small smile, he knew her cooking wasn't the best. Thanks kori but I need to have a small talk with little D. 

Come on Dami, we need to talk in private. Dick walked out of the room but not before I shouted, "don't call me that!" I followed dick until we were alone and far away so no one could hear us.

Dick's POV

I knew today was the day, today's the day he lost his mother; I know exactly what it feels like. When I lost my parents I needed someone, luckily Bruce was there for me in his own way. How are you doing Damia, anything you wanna talk about. 

I'm fine, and no. 

Damian, you know you can talk to me.

I don't know what you're talking about, Damian said a bit irritate.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Damian I'm here for you, I know how it feels.

Oh please, don't give me that, don't give me the "I know how it feels thing that you use every time you want to get personal information on someone Grayson." 

She was your mother Damian, don't tell me you don't care.

WELL I DON'T! I DON'T CARE ABOUT HER! WHY SHOULD I! HUH! Tell me something Grayson, outside this very room everyone thinks she's a monster. "heck" even my own father does. She only tried to conquer the world, and killed thousand of people. They even think I'm  a monster. YOU think I don't know how you talk with Kori behind my back?! You think I don't that you tell her everything about me?! You think that I can't see how blue beetle always stares?! How Beast boy always calls me things after I leave the room?! All of you think that I'm a worthless, and cold heartless person, a spoiled brat who doesn't care about anything or anyone! SO TELL ME! WHY SHOULD I CARE!

I stood there speechless, I was stunned.

Damian's pov 

I saw dick just standing there like a fool, so I walked back to the living room but he chased after me.

Damian wait! Just as he grabbed my shoulder, I grabbed his hand, turned around and punched him in the face. After that I realized that everyone was watching, I felt guilty, but seriously it felt good to have punched him. I ran out of the room and shouted, "don't follow me!"

Raven's pov 

Everyone went to dick's side to see if he was okay, myself included. Was we made sure he was okay, I wanted to talk with Damian, he's been acting strange ever since this morning, I wanted to know why; but I resisted the urge to do so, Damian always gave me space before coming to talk to me, he always respected me in that way. "it's only fair I do the same."

A few hours later.

Raven's POV

Knock knock

There was no reply. I knew Damian was in there, I could sense him.  I knocked again but still, no answer. So phased through the door, and I soon as I was on the other side a huge wave of emotions hit me, it felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach. But then what I saw next was completely unexpected. Damian was sitting on the floor with his hands around his knees, with only "one" tear rolling down his eyes.

As soon as he realized I was there he got up and wiped the tear away. 

Raven what are you doing here? I didn't hear you knock?  Get out!

Damian? What's wrong? 

Nothing's wrong! Now get out! 

Damian, please, tell me what's wrong... Why are you so angry? Why are you so sad? 

Why should you care raven?! I'm just a heartless assassin right? 

Tell me, please. 

NO! I am the pinacle of the line of Al Ghul, the bringer of blood, the hunter of men, the demon's son as a child, with a demon's touch. I don't feel anything, and I don't need any help, especially from you "Witch girl!."

I felt offended, not because he called me a witch, but because he thought that I thought that about him, that's how he thought of himself.  How dare he say that to me. I know he was mad, we all say bad things when we're mad, so I didn't fight back. I looked deeper into his emotions, and I sensed something else, "grief" he was grieving. He feels exactly like I felt when I, I, When I lost my mother.

Damian, I don't think that, at all. I don't think you're a heartless assassin.  Damian, you helped me once remember? Please, just this once, let me help you. What happened.

Damian's Pov 

She really didn't think that of me? Then the memory of the fist time they went to the fair. "you may be insufferable, but deep down, you're a kind and generous soul. 

I, I... Before I could say something I felt her hug me, she wrapped her cloak around me. I felt safe, comfortable. Like I could finally let my guard down, something I haven't done or felt in years.

And the only thing I could say was, " My mother is dead."