"Because.", she hissed. "I've worked my ass off for putting your wedding together and you can't even bother to listen to me let alone show a little appreciation or enthusiasm. It feels like I'm the one getting married, and let me tell you-"

"You're right. I'm sorry Jess.", I sighed, causing her to turn her head in my direction, a cocked eyebrow telling me that it wasn't enough. "Look, you know me better than I know myself, and we all know that if it was up to me, I'd go get married in Vegas and leave it at that. I never wanted a big celebration, expensive dresses or champagne; I'm a beer and french fries kind of girl, remember?", I trailed off, a small smile catching my eye before I focused back on the road ahead of us. "But Ashley isn't.. She deserves to have her big day, and that's happening only because of my amazing best friend to whom I'll never be able to express how grateful I am for having her in my life."

"Okay enough, you cheesy bastard.", she rolled her eyes at me, a shy smile coming my way as a slight blush made itself present on her face. "Apology accepted, but I'm not telling you about the cake."

"Fine, it's not like I'm going to see it tomorrow.."

"Fuck you."

"You wish.", I smirked, winking cheekily at her.

"No, you wish.", she bit back as we entered the gate, a small giggle escaping my lips.

"I did.", I shrugged playfully as we pulled up in front of the gigantic house. "Too bad you missed your chance, that ship has sailed."

"Has it?", she teased while climbing out of the car, a sexy smile plastered on her face which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Totally.", I deadpanned, slightly hitting her in the process.

She was about to speak when we were fortunately interrupted by an overly excited Stella who basically dragged us inside, not even bothering to wait for her daughters to get out of their car.

After an excruciating thirty minutes, Jess' tour of the house ended up in the kitchen where I was surprised to see Donna and Miguel cooking what I assumed to be our dinner.

"Hey Alex!"

"Oh, hi honey.", Donna greeted me, a big smile on her face as she took me in, followed by a defeated sigh. "What happened to your face?"

"What are you guys doing here so early?", I grinned, dodging her question as I hugged them both. "I thought-"

"They got here last night sweetie.", Stella cut me off as she handed me and Jess a beer from the fridge, opening one herself. "Your mom and I were discussing some wedding stuff over the phone the other day, and since she already took some time off from work, I insisted they came a day earlier and relax."

"That doesn't seem relaxing.", I teased, jumping back a little when Donna literally started hitting a poor steak with a meat tenderizer.

"Don't knock it till you try it, it's very-"

"Therapeutic, to say the least.", Stella jumped in as she flashed a cheeky grin and a subtle wink towards Donna.

"You two best friends now?", I playfully quiestioned as I took a sip of beer, two pairs of eyes looking up to me.

"Got a problem with that?", Donna inquired as she playfully pointed the meat tenderizer at me.

"Not at all.", I chuckled, raising my hands in defeat. "So, where is everyone?"

"Chase passed out the second I showed him his room; Matt, Shay and your Grandma are chilling by the pool, whereas I have no clue where your soon-to-be wife and her sister are.", Stella shrugged as she took a seat at the island.