50.

"What do you mean 'emptied'?!"

So, last night after a nice dinner altogether, I decided to push aside any bad thoughts concerning my financial issue and leave it to the following morning, allowing myself to enjoy some quality time with the kids.

It's now the following morning and fuck me sideways.

"Empty. No cash. Out of money. Kind of really pissed right now.", I groaned, watching Ashley's eyes go wide. "I got hacked, Ash."

"How much money did you have?"

"Not much.", I sighed, massaging my temples.

"How much's 'not much'?"

"I had like, 2 maybe 3 grand? I'm not sure Ash. I don't really trust banks so I usually keep most of my paychecks here at home. However, sometimes I do put some money on this goddamn thing just in case we get robbed or something.", I huffed, tossing my card on the table and sinking into a chair next to her. "Would you judge me if I started laughing hysterically at the irony of this fucked up situation?"

"Never.", she smirked, placing a comforting hand on my thigh. "So, what did the bank say? They should know how much you had on it..?"

"Uh, good morning baby.. it's Sunday.", I weakly teased, earning a 'oh, right' in response. "I called the emergency number and the only thing I managed to get out of it was that my card is indeed empty. So I'll call my bank first thing in the morning and I'll go file a police report as soon as I get out of your oh so boring class."

"My class is not boring!", she gasped, slapping my thigh and yanking her hand away.

"Oh trust me, it is.", I smirked, reaching out for her and placing a kiss on the back of her head despite her unsuccessful attempt to get away. "But you sure know how to make it interesting for horny teenagers."

"You know..", she trailed off, getting out of my grip and standing from her seat, motioning towards the fridge. "You still have quite the sense of humor given the situation."

"Oh, I wasn't kidding Ash."

Like, not at all.

"Sure.", she mumbled, narrowing her eyes at me while cracking a few eggs. "Anyway, if you ever need help with something you know you can ask me, right?", she frowned, flashing me a reassuring smile from across the room.

"I love the fact that you're even suggesting that, but no thank you.", I replied with a cheeky grin as I stood and hugged her from behind.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn when it comes down to money?", she huffed in annoyance, venting it on the eggs she was scrambling. "I mean, it's not like I'm buying you a house or putting you through college or for fuck's sake, I don't know, buying you another expensive clock. I'm just saying, if you need help getting to the end of the month, just come to me. If you have to be so damn willful, I'll make you pay me back every single-"

"Are you done?", I mumbled against her shoulder, stifling a laugh at her rambling. "Besides, the eggs have nothing to do with this."

"Alex, I'm serious.", she groaned, turning around in my arms and threatening me with the spatula she was holding. "Why do you have to be so difficult when it comes to me lending you money?"

"Because I don't want it nor need it, Ash.", I shrugged, unfazed by the look she was giving me. "I really appreciate it but trust me, we'll be fine. As I said, I keep basically all my money here at home. I have like 10 grand stashed all across the house, so as long as my house doesn't burn down- which is what you're trying to do right now..", I trailed off, turning off the stove and bringing my eyes back to hers. "We're gonna be more than fine."