VOL.3 [Chapter 13, Trouble Brewing.]

[Alina's perspective]

"Kilnn, lay still..." I grumbled as I tried to apply the first feasible version of the reversed breast growth spell on Kilnnae, but the awkward movements she kept making made it nigh impossible to properly direct the magic onto the right areas.

"Milady, your father requests your presence immediately." Thiseï called as she barged into my study, like I had told her dozens of times not to do.

"Meeheheheheheh!"

"Great, Thiseï, you scared her again, now it'll take even longer to get these back to a healthy size for her." I replied to my personal guard as she looked a bit sheepishly at me as my hands hovered just in front of Kilnnae's now bizarrely humongous breasts.

"M-milady, what are you doing!?" She exclaimed, leaving me to sigh in response.

"Nothing inappropriate, she wanted them bigger, so I made them bigger for her, but she didn't let me know when to stop and they ended up like this. Now I'm working on it at Dad's demand to make them smaller again. What is so important that he would call me away from my work now of all times?" I replied and she gave a hurried explanation.

"Fine, but you'll be staying here to make sure my fiancée doesn't fall over and suffocate on these." I told her and she shook her head.

"Lady Kilnnae has been requested to join you as well." She told me and I looked from her, to Kilnn and back.

"That'll be difficult." I added and she nodded.

"Very well, I shall watch over her for the time being, should she recover, I shall request she join me on the way to your parents for the meeting he called. Everyone requested is present in the Emperor's study at the moment."

"I see, I'll head there now." I told her and left my study.

"Ah, Lina, you're here..." Mom addressed me once I opened the door, however, once I stepped into the room alone, Dad gave me a look that spelled out his displeasure.

"Where's Kilnnae?" He asked me and I sighed.

"We have Thiseï to thank for that. I was trying to apply the first theoretically working version of the spell when she barged into the room and scared Kilnn into 'goat-mode' again. So, at my demand she's currently watching over her until she recovers so my fiancée doesn't end up suffocating on her breasts." I explained.

"I see..." Mom replied, following up a bit worriedly, "But, seeing Kilnnae will not be joining us for this. Padge, Dear, if you will?"

"Yes, Alina, for one, I have made a few grim discoveries regarding your abduction after your fourteenth birthday, while it was 'Ruflourus that directly performed the act, it was under order from the Sheydan Elven Lord himself after he had assimilated Ruflourus as part of Sheydan after I erased their capital. Having sent Hikome to investigate inside the Sheydan Kingdom and keep an eye on anything the Elven Lord does, she soon found out that they have a habit of 'friendly warfare' by simply taking over another country's political system." I began, addressing Alina whose face quickly contorted from somewhat calm and reserved, to boiling with rage.

"So they used their 'new' lands to initiate this war they began with us by abducting me, and thus forcing you to use all the warranted violence under the guise of it being too much and all?" she asked me and I nodded.

"So, can I go and light their kindling?" Her question seemed an odd one coming from her, but seeing she held a grudge against whoever it had been that abducted her, it did make sense.

"Among things, Jormungandr is currently returning here from a meeting with Odin and when we know the time and location for the meeting with the Elven Lord, Odin, Jormungandr and several other gods will be there with us to discuss an actual peace with them... hopefully. But knowing most of the gods have a bone to pick with the elves of Sheydan, I fear it might go horrendously wrong." I continued.